bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Now getting this after the change Theraze made:

Changing "Batrat and Ratbat Burrow" to "The Batrat and Ratbat Burrow" would get rid of this message (bumcheekascend.ash, line 2676)
Changing "Enormous Greater-Than Sign" to "The Enormous Greater-Than Sign" would get rid of this message (bumcheekascend.ash, line 2690)
Changing "Black Forest" to "The Black Forest" would get rid of this message (bumcheekascend.ash, line 2693)
Changing "Palindome" to "The Palindome" would get rid of this message (bumcheekascend.ash, line 2707)
Bad location value: "Fernswarthy's Ruins" (bumcheekascend.ash, line 2708)

NS familiars need some smoothing out-

Code:
Your shadow has been defeated.
Putting Grog the Fancypants Scarecrow back into terrarium...
Taking Gonald the Levitating Potato out of terrarium...
Facing giant familiar...
You lose 50 hit points
Putting Gonald the Levitating Potato back into terrarium...
Taking Gronald the Angry Goat out of terrarium...
Maximizing...
80 combinations checked, best score 15.00
Putting on sugar shield...
Equipment changed.
Come back with a 20 pound Angry Goat
Putting Gronald the Angry Goat back into terrarium...
Taking Grog the Fancypants Scarecrow out of terrarium...
Approaching pool table with an aggressive stance.
You acquire an effect: Billiards Belligerence (duration: 10 Adventures)
You lost. Boo hoo.
You are stuck at the top of the tower.

I have sympathy, leash and empathy permed. I have access to pet buffing spray (I also have all NS familiars obviously). Heck, I even have a tome summon for sugar shield available (not that I want BCA to waste it) so why stuck, and more importantly, why waste a billiard buff for no reason? (sauceror HCBIG if it matters)

edit: a minute later- I cast empathy & leash, and use a pet buffing spray. Rerun BCA... and it gets ANOTHER Billiards Belligerence, although i'm already at +25 fam weight, and the previous one is still in effect.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

I'm fairly certain bumcheekascend only uses mafia's built-in guardians() script to do that. Bascially it uses no logic, and this might be a mafia bug/feature/thing.

Theraze

The part in question is this:
Code:
	if (in_hardcore()) {
		missing = guardians();
		while (missing != $item[none]) {
			thingToGet = missing;
			bcascTowerItem();
			thingToGet = $item[none];
			missing = guardians();
		}
		try {
			if (cli_execute("pool 1")) {}
		}
Regardless of whether or not we complete the tower guardians successfully, use the pool table. Similar code (with different guardian-retrieval) on SC as well.

But basically it's just as simple as every execution of bcascLairTower, no consideration taken. :)

Ok got another new one. I was at the Oil Peak and the goal was jar of oil, well either BCA or Mafia does not understand that I had enough bubblin crude and keep adventuring in the Oil Peak wasting turns till I made the Jar of Oil myself

Crowther

Ok got another new one. I was at the Oil Peak and the goal was jar of oil, well either BCA or Mafia does not understand that I had enough bubblin crude and keep adventuring in the Oil Peak wasting turns till I made the Jar of Oil myself
Odd. BCA makes jars of oil of me just fine. Both when I get enough at the oil peak and when I don't. Because I've been fighting oil cartels in recent runs, it returns the oil peak just long enough to get the needed crude.

Odd. BCA makes jars of oil of me just fine. Both when I get enough at the oil peak and when I don't. Because I've been fighting oil cartels in recent runs, it returns the oil peak just long enough to get the needed crude.

This is in a Suprising Fist run if it makes a difference

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I did what I thought was a 100% run with WHAM but when I finished the run it was credited as a 90% run. I'm trying to do it again and I noticed the following in the GgCLI. BCCAscend was looking for A-Boo clues and just found one.

Code:
Conditions satisfied after 5 adventures.
Maximizing...
962 combinations checked, best score 641.00
Putting on fuzzy busby...
Equipment changed.
Wielding Knob Goblin scimitar...
Equipment changed.
Holding Hammer of Smiting...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Knob Goblin pants...
Equipment changed.
Putting on pirate fledges...
Equipment changed.
Putting on badass belt...
Equipment changed.
Putting on shiny ring...
Equipment changed.
Maximizing...
520 combinations checked, best score 6.00
[B]Putting Approved the Adorable Seal Larva back into terrarium...
Taking Cocoa the Exotic Parrot out of terrarium...[/B]
Casting Elemental Saucesphere 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Elemental Saucesphere (duration: 5 Adventures)
Elemental Saucesphere was successfully cast.
Casting Astral Shell 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Astral Shell (duration: 5 Adventures)
Astral Shell was successfully cast.
Restoring HP! Currently at 414 of 643 HP, 91 of 323 MP, current meat: 2152 ... Target HP = 643.
Casting Cannelloni Cocoon 1 times...
You gain 229 hit points
Cannelloni Cocoon was successfully cast.
Using 1 A-Boo clue...
Finished using 1 A-Boo clue.

[663] A-Boo Peak
Encounter: The Horror...
Encounter: spooky damage
You lose 1 hit point
You lose 1 hit point
You lose 9 hit points
You lose 9 hit points
You lose 23 hit points
You lose 22 hit points
You lose 56 hit points
You lose 56 hit points
You lose 112 hit points
You lose 112 hit points
BCC: Preparing Food (Have 2 Reagent Pastas)
BCC: Preparing Booze (Have 0 SCC and 4 ACC)
BCC: Maximizing 'item, +10 elemental damage, -spooky damage'
Maximizing...
468 combinations checked, best score 823.75
Putting on filthy knitted dread sack...
Equipment changed.
Taking off Hammer of Smiting...
Equipment changed.
Wielding Hammer of Smiting...
Equipment changed.
Holding hot plate...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Whoompa Fur Pants...
Equipment changed.
Putting on bejeweled cufflinks...
Equipment changed.
Putting on imp unity ring...
Equipment changed.
Putting on observational glasses...
Equipment changed.
[B]BCC: Your familiar is set to a 100% Adorable Seal Larva
Putting Cocoa the Exotic Parrot back into terrarium...[/B]

[663] A-Boo Peak consumed an adventure so my suspicion is that the code for the Peak is not observing the 100% flag or it was written under the assumption that that particular adventure did not count in a 100% run.

Am I misunderstanding game mechanics or is this an opportunity for BCCAscend to improve?

Thanks.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I did what I thought was a 100% run with WHAM but when I finished the run it was credited as a 90% run. I'm trying to do it again and I noticed the following in the GgCLI. BCCAscend was looking for A-Boo clues and just found one.

Code:
Conditions satisfied after 5 adventures.
Maximizing...
962 combinations checked, best score 641.00
Putting on fuzzy busby...
Equipment changed.
Wielding Knob Goblin scimitar...
Equipment changed.
Holding Hammer of Smiting...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Knob Goblin pants...
Equipment changed.
Putting on pirate fledges...
Equipment changed.
Putting on badass belt...
Equipment changed.
Putting on shiny ring...
Equipment changed.
Maximizing...
520 combinations checked, best score 6.00
[B]Putting Approved the Adorable Seal Larva back into terrarium...
Taking Cocoa the Exotic Parrot out of terrarium...[/B]
Casting Elemental Saucesphere 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Elemental Saucesphere (duration: 5 Adventures)
Elemental Saucesphere was successfully cast.
Casting Astral Shell 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Astral Shell (duration: 5 Adventures)
Astral Shell was successfully cast.
Restoring HP! Currently at 414 of 643 HP, 91 of 323 MP, current meat: 2152 ... Target HP = 643.
Casting Cannelloni Cocoon 1 times...
You gain 229 hit points
Cannelloni Cocoon was successfully cast.
Using 1 A-Boo clue...
Finished using 1 A-Boo clue.

[663] A-Boo Peak
Encounter: The Horror...
You lose 1 hit point
You lose 1 hit point
You lose 9 hit points
You lose 9 hit points
You lose 23 hit points
You lose 22 hit points
You lose 56 hit points
You lose 56 hit points
You lose 112 hit points
You lose 112 hit points
BCC: Preparing Food (Have 2 Reagent Pastas)
BCC: Preparing Booze (Have 0 SCC and 4 ACC)
BCC: Maximizing 'item, +10 elemental damage, -spooky damage'
Maximizing...
468 combinations checked, best score 823.75
Putting on filthy knitted dread sack...
Equipment changed.
Taking off Hammer of Smiting...
Equipment changed.
Wielding Hammer of Smiting...
Equipment changed.
Holding hot plate...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Whoompa Fur Pants...
Equipment changed.
Putting on bejeweled cufflinks...
Equipment changed.
Putting on imp unity ring...
Equipment changed.
Putting on observational glasses...
Equipment changed.
[B]BCC: Your familiar is set to a 100% Adorable Seal Larva
Putting Cocoa the Exotic Parrot back into terrarium...[/B]

[663] A-Boo Peak consumed an adventure so my suspicion is that the code for the Peak is not observing the 100% flag or it was written under the assumption that that particular adventure did not count in a 100% run.

Am I misunderstanding game mechanics or is this an opportunity for BCCAscend to improve?

Thanks.

Only combats count, so that turn didn't hurt your 100% run.

Theraze

Two things I found from this. One, there was a tuffed shoulder parrot. That check did find it, but was a bad fuzzy match. Bad fuzzy math. Grr.

Two, anytime we used have_path_familiar, it generally wasn't being checked for 100% runs. Rather than update 30 or so places, put it into the top of the have_path_familiar function which should avoid breaking 100% runs much better.

Edit: Places where this could have broken a 100% run definitely includes the Guano Junction... Unless A-Boo peak is bugged, those are the only two places that obviously force using the parrot regardless of 100% run settings.

Edit2: Since BCA suggests there that the clue can be overwritten by wandering monsters, that means it's not a 100% NC and that it does break 100% runs. Probably would be better to just have the Guano Junction and A-Boo Peak specifically check for the 100familiar before they switch rather than disabling have_path_familiar fully, since that is also used to check Black Market availability.

Last edited:

Theraze

Various commits since then have made the Guano Junction and A-Boo Peak no longer use the exotic parrot during 100% runs. Please check on your next run if it's working better and coming in as a 100% run. Thanks! :)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Various commits since then have made the Guano Junction and A-Boo Peak no longer use the exotic parrot during 100% runs. Please check on your next run if it's working better and coming in as a 100% run. Thanks! :)

I see no reason not to use the parrot in A-Boo, if we're talking with respect to clues. Or Guano Junction, if you're only going there to spend a clover.

(of course, I do neither because that's too fiddly even for me. And I'm the sort who runs the Jack for 1/3 of his Big runs :p)

Crowther

I see no reason not to use the parrot in A-Boo, if we're talking with respect to clues. Or Guano Junction, if you're only going there to spend a clover.

(of course, I do neither because that's too fiddly even for me. And I'm the sort who runs the Jack for 1/3 of his Big runs :p)
I think it's been mentioned before, but other things can interrupt your adventures. For example, I arrow a smut orc at the start of my run. Often its turn comes up while I'm in the tavern, so it gets delayed. After the tavern, BCC ascend tires to clover at the guano junction and gets a smut orc instead. It aborts, but your 100% run is now ruined. Well, it would have to be a 100% angel run, so it's a lame example, but you get the idea. I've had a-boo clues messed up too.

bumcheekcity

I think it's been mentioned before, but other things can interrupt your adventures. For example, I arrow a smut orc at the start of my run. Often its turn comes up while I'm in the tavern, so it gets delayed. After the tavern, BCC ascend tires to clover at the guano junction and gets a smut orc instead. It aborts, but your 100% run is now ruined. Well, it would have to be a 100% angel run, so it's a lame example, but you get the idea. I've had a-boo clues messed up too.

I'm unsure it would serve the majority of the userbase to abort or not use a parrot in the guano junction in these cases, or to not use a parrot for the a-boo-clue thing on the offchance that it gets overridden. I'm happy to be outvoted here, and I could think that an opt-in option could be worth it, bcasc_abortParrotIn100Run or something.