Feature - Implemented Greatest American Pants buffs

fxer

Is adding these buffs relatively simple, as they just give your character an effect like Super Vision for +25% items, or is there a reason they haven't made it in yet?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 8626 adds the effects to the status effects database. If that's all you want, cool. If not, you need to clarify - and be very patient.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Adding recognition of what the buffs do is probably fairly easy simply by knowing the format of that data file, at least for most of them. Super Skill probably needs code added in other places. (Ninja'd on this point, though to avoid future confusion it's 8636.)

Adding the ability to get the buffs starts with deciding on an interface. CLI command, Daily Deeds? Whatever it is, it needs to check that you're wearing the pants, then visit two different URLs.

Ideally, mafia would recognize when you have one of the buffs and try to protect you from taking them off (for things like buying seltzer and such), but that sounds complicated.

Last edited:

Theraze

Yeah... isn't getting the buffs through the interface fairly useless if it's possible to remove the pants through any automatic, non-warning method while the buff is active?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Yeah... isn't getting the buffs through the interface fairly useless if it's possible to remove the pants through any automatic, non-warning method while the buff is active?
No, it takes several clicks to do it in the relay browser, and I would really like a way to avoid those clicks. Mafia is just as likely to remove the buff if you get it with all of those clicks as it is if mafia simplifies the process of getting the buff to begin with.

fxer

I was just referring to when I buff myself with Super Vision, the Item: readout in Mafia doesn't go up by 25%, but it sounds like it will within the hour when 8636 is built :)

EDIT: And there it is working perfectly, thanks as always Veracity it is appreciated

Last edited:

Banana Lord

Extended GAP support?

Would it be possible to add Daily Deeds buttons and/or a cli command for the Greatest American Pants superpowers? (Unless, of course, there already is a command, in which case I apologise for my inability to find it).

Winterbay

I would like to add my support to a CLI-command for getting the powers. It is posbably much work but it would be a great addition :)