The location details-panel looks like this:

Code:
Alphabet Giant (13%)
Hit: 100%, Evade: 100%
HP: 150, XP: 17.62
Meat: 592-888 (740 average)
heavy D 70% (32% steal, 56% drop)
original G 70% (32% steal, 56% drop)

Most of this I cna deduce what it means by just looking at it but what I don't understand are the numbers in parentesis after the drop rates. I am currently a DB which I guess affects the panel in showing the steal-option but how do you get from 32% steal, 56% drop to 70%?

Also, the same type of display is used in for example the Wreck of the edgar fitzsimmons in which stealing of items are impossible due to the conditional nature of the underwater-drop mechanic. Is this just a display error there?

Bale

Minion
original G 70% (32% steal, 56% drop)

Most of this I cna deduce what it means by just looking at it but what I don't understand are the numbers in parentesis after the drop rates. I am currently a DB which I guess affects the panel in showing the steal-option but how do you get from 32% steal, 56% drop to 70%?
That means you have a 32% chance to steal the item. If you fail to steal, then there is a 56% chance it will drop. This means you have a 70% chance of acquiring the item by one of these methods. Since the 56% is only if you didn't steal it, these methods are not added together so your chance is not 88%.

Also, the same type of display is used in for example the Wreck of the edgar fitzsimmons in which stealing of items are impossible due to the conditional nature of the underwater-drop mechanic. Is this just a display error there?

Mafia is unaware that most of those items are conditional and hence screws it up.

Theraze

Conditional items CAN be marked, if someone with code access is made aware of them. A patch can be made for the no-pickpocket items so that their acquisition isn't attempted through (impossible) pickpocket attempts.

But no, it's not a display error... it's there because the code thinks that it's possible, and that the displayed numbers are the actual likelyhoods.