Issue with auto-casting buffs

zeryl

So I've got Mana Burning turned on, but when it gets to my self-casted AT buffs (currently a TT), it won't use my rock and roll legend, and instead stops saying I don't have a stolen accordion.

I must have something configured wrong, right?

Bale

Minion
Sounds like something is screwed up.

What version of KoLmafia are you using?
Please verify that you really do have a Rock and Roll Legend in your inventory, not in the closet or Hangks or your display case.

zeryl

Using latest (8633), and it is indeed in my inventory, as I am able to buff the AT buffs manually using the relay browser (and I did double check). Any debugging I could do to see what's up? (Will have to wait until next rollover unfortunately, I am drunk...)

Bale

Minion
Does KoL know that it is in your inventory?

BTW, I tested your problem with r8633 and couldn't replicate the problem. It cast buffs from my mood even though I had no stolen accordion.

zeryl

Not sure what you mean by does KoL know it's in my inventory? I am able to cast the buffs manually from the top of the relay browser. I've logged into KoL proper, and can cast from there as well.

Screenshot:

Capture.PNG

Is there a way to make it Mafia's reporting more verbose to get some debug output? The RnR Legend was pulled through mafia (pull rock and roll legend), and shows in my session log for the day, so I would assume it knows about it.

Edit: I guess the best thing to do is see if tomorrow when logging in, if the same happens, and save some adventures before overdinking, to test further?

Last edited:

Theraze

Does the client know you have it? Do the skills show up as usable through the graphical system? The relay is fairly irrelevant to that.

One possibility is that those buffs may only work properly if you allow changing equipment for casting buffs in the preferences...

Bale

Minion
One possibility is that those buffs may only work properly if you allow changing equipment for casting buffs in the preferences...

Why should that be relevant? The RnR Legend doesn't need to be equipped and mafia knows that.

Not sure what you mean by does KoL know it's in my inventory? I am able to cast the buffs manually from the top of the relay browser. I've logged into KoL proper, and can cast from there as well.
Sorry, I meant to ask if KoLmafia knows.

Theraze

it won't use my rock and roll legend

If the problem is not changing equipment to use items he has in inventory, there's 3 different code possibilities... one, it uses the preference regarding changing equipment. two, it doesn't use it and changes anyways. three, the buff doesn't actually need it to be cast. Alternatively, if the problem is the client not knowing he has equipment already in his inventory, then a new login should fix that, and/or a manual refresh both of the character and inventory should definitely work...

If the answer is one, then setting that would allow him to cast it in client.

Two, if that were the case, we jump to the alternate... the equipment is there, but it doesn't allow for it to be used... why?

Three, the issue should be irrelevant. Why stop the casting if it's not needed for anything?

We know that three isn't the case... you need some level of accordion. This leaves either 1, the possibility that the client has been set not to equip, or 2, the possibility that the client doesn't see his RnRL as a valid accordion choice for him. It's possible that the code makes a static check for SA for non-ATs. It's possible that it's actually respecting his preferences.

zeryl

I'll test further tonight after rollover and get back to you. If it does the same behavior after a new login, I'll let you know.

slyz

Developer
What does Mafia display when you type inv Rock and Roll Legend in the gCLI? If Mafia doesn't answer anything, try doing refresh inv.

zeryl

Since I've logged out at this point, I don't know. I will test tonight when I actually adventure using mafia.

zeryl

It presently shows Rock and Roll Legend when I type that into cli.

I can't do much more until rollover since I noticed it when running an adventure. Once rollover occurs, I'll see if it does it again, and post back.

zeryl

I'm guessing that Mafia didn't know I had the rock and roll legend, as it's working tonight. Thanks all!