pre-ascend.ash (In Progress)

matt.chugg

Gets you ready to start all over again!

Currently it will:

Check you are level 13 or higher and have freed the king
Auto sell a pre-specified bunch of items (paper strips etc...)
Acquire non class specific items from a predefined list (meat maid, etc)
Acquire class specific items from a pre-defined list (food booze)
Check for an acquire any trophies you are entitled to.
create tps drinks for the relevant class if you have any tps in your inventory.

SETTINGS:
boolean acquiretrophies = false;
boolean buyitems = false;
boolean autosellitems = false;

all false will just advise, without actually buying or destroying anything!

I'm sure theres lot more it should/could do so: Suggestions and criticisms please!

Edit Note to self: Untinker meat car, use 31337 scrolls!

Attachments

• pre-ascend.ash
    5.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Auto sell a pre-specified bunch of items (paper strips etc...)

Edit Note to self: Untinker meat car, use 31337 scrolls!

Mafia automatically autosells paper strips, untinkers the meatcar, and uses 31337 scrolls before you ascend. Mafia also checks to see if you have any trophies to buy and tells you so on the screen before you jump through the gash. If you want to see everything that mafia handles automatically for you, the files are src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/webui/ValhallaDecorator.java and src/net/sourceforge/komafia/session/ValhallaManager.java.

Theraze

Not sure what else there is to do that isn't autohandled besides the TPS and class equipment acquisition, which really needs a "next class" choice instead of being automatic... Automatically picking up trophies is good, though if you have it abort due to not having enough cash to buy them, does it stop the ascension until you do and try again, or does it just keep going and you lose the trophies? I can see that as being a very bad thing if it automatically quits and you were counting on that to work...

Automatic: Untinker meatcar, make badass belt, trade in gunpowder, use any usable quest items, sell autosellable quest items.

Usable items would be: elite scroll, fisherman's sack.
Autosold items would be: dwarven factory cards, paper strips, rave equipment, vials of slime, squid ink, and fishy speed.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The script is checking for level 13 and the king being free, so it sounds like something you would run manually rather than (or in addition to) setting it as a preAscensionScript. That way it has a chance to print out failure messages for you to respond to. Just for fun, I've attached the script I use to prepare for a new run. I adapted a list of stuff that someone else wrote, then rewrote it a bit to account for the fact that I don't pull most of my stuff when I free the king (it used to be a bunch of CLI acquire commands that would pull stuff for no reason).

Attachments

• Stocking.ash
    8 KB · Views: 71

matt.chugg

When I started writing this, I never planned for it to be use in an automatic situation (preAscensionScript setting) more as just a time saver and because I always forget something!

Theraze: "which really needs a "next class" choice" do you mean a setting at the top of the script, instead of it asking for input?

the script won't ever actually ascend, its more of a checklist and timesaver, so the cli will notify if you can't collect all the trophies, or if anything else may have gone wrong. (It rechecks the trophy page after the loop to make certain, and says "something may have gone wrong" if theres still trophies there.

Thanks lost (can I call you lost, its a long user name :p ) i'll look at those source files and at your stocking.ash and see what needs adding, and what mafia handles internally.

Theraze

I was refrerring towards:
Acquire class specific items from a pre-defined list (food booze)
create tps drinks for the relevant class if you have any tps in your inventory.

If you're making class specific items from a list, and making tps drinks based on (new) class, it'd be good to have a was to pick what that new class is going to be, since it's irrelevant to what you are now... :D

Winterbay

Theraze: The scripts starts by asking which class you want to be next so that is already taken care of, at least if I'm reading the code correctly.

Theraze

Yes... I was running based on the initial assumption of this being presented as a preAscensionScript. Apparently not the case though, despite the similarity in names, so... :D