Strangest problem with KoLmafia

I have been using & loving KoLmafia for years now, but suddenly lately I've been having huge issues with Firefox as the relay browser.

What happens is that after a few minutes of playing, my browser starts being unable to download any pictures (such as new item drops) or any other websites that hadn't already been viewed during that session. The only solution is to close and re-open the browser, then it works fine again for a while.

A few notes about my environment: it's Firefox 3.6.8 (the latest) on Windows 7 64-bit with Sun JVM build 1.6.0_21-b06 (also the latest). I use GreaseMonkey scripts in the browser and have tried disabling them, but the problem persists.

The problem only happens if I've been using KoLmafia, either the latest stable build 14.1 (EXE) or some of the daily builds.

Any ideas what's going on? TIA--

Darzil

Developer
It could relate to lag issues, possibly associated with the dig, which certainly causes other things to struggle.

Also, have you tried browsers other than Firefox, and do they have the same issue ?

Theraze

I actually moved away from using FF as my Relay browser to using 64-bit IE8 just to make it more separate and haven't had any problems since... Course, that might have had something to do with all the greasemonkey scripts that were there before as well...

Yes Bale, the problem still happens with GreaseMonkey entirely disabled.

I hadn't tried other browsers yet, since I tend to use Firefox for everything... but I'll give it a try. (Now to dig GM for Chrome or IE8...)

Winterbay

Not sure about Chrome but there is no GM for IE even though there are other similar plugins (I think).

zarqon

Every GM script I've installed has worked -- with the exception that Opera doesn't like CDATA tags for huge block quotes. You have to edit the script to use only regular quotes, which can be a bit of pain, but you only have to do it once.