Suggestion: Monster Level Device Setting

t4kato

Hi. I'm new and I can't figure out where to post suggestions to KolMafia, so I guess I'll leave it here for now.

It's been bugging me for the longest time that KolMafia doesn't have a shortcut to change monster level device setting. It seems relatively simple; a drop-down box would be fantastic. (Is it somewhere and I still haven't been able to find it?) I love KolMafia and I'm frankly shocked that it's not around since pretty much every other functionality I could ever think of is present.

Thanks for reading and I hope I can get a clarification on this.

t4kato

Oh thanks. Those are both very helpful. Still, would a main interface addition be possible? I think the most intuitive place to put it would be to open a drop-down box when you click or right click the ML: +?? statistic on the bottom left.

On a side note, where can I find documentation on cli commands?

Theraze

Unfortunately, the way this forum displays links, they're basically invisible unless you already know they're there... Didn't realize that "CLI command" in your post linked to the wiki until now, when you've mentioned it. :) Else I'd have mentioned it in my "check wiki" post. Heh.

Grotfang

Developer
Unfortunately, the way this forum displays links, they're basically invisible unless you already know they're there...

Fair doos. For me, they appear blue as opposed to black, so maybe I use a different skin?

would a main interface addition be possible? I think the most intuitive place to put it would be to open a drop-down box when you click or right click the ML: +?? statistic on the bottom left.

I see what you mean, but there is already a feature that appears on clicking ML (or anywhere in that particular panel) and I think it would probably be more harmful to remove it. I personally like the information in the pop-up table provided and since there is already an interface and CLI capability to change ML, I'm not sure it is worth changing. Two clicks instead of three doesn't strike me as particularly important.

t4kato

I see what you mean, but there is already a feature that appears on clicking ML (or anywhere in that particular panel) and I think it would probably be more harmful to remove it. I personally like the information in the pop-up table provided and since there is already an interface and CLI capability to change ML, I'm not sure it is worth changing. Two clicks instead of three doesn't strike me as particularly important.

Well the pop-up table appears if you click anywhere around there, so it wouldn't actually be a sacrifice if this was implemented. Otherwise a separate link could be placed there. Changing monster level does seem to be one of the more frequent tasks, so it would still be helpful.

But given all the options already there, you're right, it's not crucial.

Thanks for all the information