Last edited:

Rinn

Developer
Here's a summary of the changes:
Code:
Arboreal Respite (502)
    1. The Road Less Traveled (503)
        1. Gain some meat
        2. Acquire Wooden Stakes -OR- Nothing if you have no hearts (does this use an adventure?) -OR- Have a Heart (47) unchanged
        3. Tree's Last Stand (504)
            1. Sell a bar skin for 75 meat
            2. Sell all bar skins
            3. Buy spooky sapling for 100 meat
            4. End choice adventure (the above options don't end the choicadv)
    2. Consciousness of a Stream (505)
        1. Acquire mosquito larva then 3 spooky mushrooms
        2. Gain 300 meat & tree-holed coin then nothing
        3. An Interesting Choice (46) unchanged
    3. Through Thicket and Thinnet (506)
        1. A Three-Tined Fork (26) unchanged
        2. Acquire Spooky-Gro fertilizer
        3. With tree-holed coin: O Lith, Mon (507)
            1. Trade coin for spooky temple map
            2. Probably doesn't use an adventure?
            3. Probably doesn't use an adventure?

The wiki is a little unclear on what options don't use an adventure.

Theraze

According to the Wiki now, the 2 and 3 choices on tree-holed coin don't use an adventure.

No word on if Vampire Hunter uses an adventure if you don't have any hearts, but I'd guess no based on the fact that aborting it when you do have hearts doesn't use an adventure.

Anyone tried Choice 504 yet, to see if that uses an adventure? Should check both with immediate abort and after buying something.

Another place to check is Choice 505, 2, after there's nothing left.

Bale

Minion
Nice outline of the choices, but it will be really hard to describe the top level choices with a short phrase. I guess though a rough indication will suffice:
Code:
Arboreal Respite (502)
        (stakes, bar skin trading, spooky sapling)
        (larva, quest coin, vampire hearts)
        (starter items, fertilizer, spooky temple map)

Also, the third option for Through Thicket and Thinnet (506) will only occur if you have the tree-holed coin, so there won't always be a spooky temple map option for Through Thicket and Thinnet...

The wiki is a little unclear on what options don't use an adventure.

It can be safely assumed that the other two choices for "O Lith, Mon" don't use an adventure simply because they didn't use an adventure before the update. I doubt that "Hit a monkey with a bone" uses an adventure now when it previously did not.

matt.chugg

Unknown item found: tree-holed coin (4676, 464570927)

I believe this is related to this update, i'd already done that part of the ascension so it just appeared in my inventory.

Unknown item found: tree-holed coin (4676, 464570927)
--------------------
4676 tree-holed coin none none 0
4676 464570927 tree-holed coin
# tree-holed coin

Overrides attached

Attachments

• THC Overrides.zip
    190.1 KB · Views: 38

tgetgel

Code:
Arboreal Respite (502)
        (stakes, bar skin trading, spooky sapling)
        (larva, quest coin, vampire hearts)
        (starter items, fertilizer, spooky temple map)
So in CLI I tried set choiceadventure502=3 but it still stops my automation as an unsupported adventure. I also set choiceadventure506=2.
What am I doing wrong? I am running 8580 via a batch file.
Thx

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Support for revised Spooky Forest

It would be nice to have support for the changed Spooky Forest. In particular choice adventure 502 is unsupported (and throws an exception) and browser hints don't seem to be present. I have debug logs but I'm not ready to tackle this personally.

Thanks.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Throws an exception? Stack trace, please.

Whoops. :eek: I conflated exception with Debug Log and they are not the same. The first line of the interesting text is
Code:
class net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.PasswordHashRequest: choice.php
but it is definitely not an exception. Sorry.

Bale

Minion
I've created a patch to spoil these choice adventures.

Hopefully someone with commit access will add it to the source, if it meets with their approval.

Attachments

• SpookyForest.patch
    2.4 KB · Views: 30

Theraze

Spooky Forest 1 and 2 are gone now, aren't they?

Also, goals aren't working properly... I set spooky sapling as a goal, and it didn't override the choices that gave me spices.

I'm sort of tempted to put together a multiple-step larger dropdown for this... Instead of having 6 or 8 choices that need to be set in the proper steps and can be very confusing for newbies, having either one choice where you pick between terminal items and show in browser on specific choices, or having two choices where you pick either the final item or to show in browser...

Curious... any good way to have it that the choices in the drop down list are based on the prior choices? So you only need 3 sets of total choices?

Also... I didn't REALLY plan on buying 14 spooky saplings during HC. :D

Aankhen

I noticed that the last option for Tree's Last Stand (504) is labelled “skip adventure”. Maybe it should be changed to “end adventure” or something similar, since this adventure always takes a turn, even if you leave immediately.

EDIT:
As far as I can tell, the only way to skip the Arboreal Respite choiceadv is to choose “Explore the stream”, which leads to Consciousness of a Stream, and then “Squeeze into the cave”. If you’ve already got the coin, this ends the choiceadv without using a turn.

Last edited:

Grotfang

Developer
As far as I can tell, the only way to skip the Arboreal Respite choiceadv is to choose “Explore the stream”, which leads to Consciousness of a Stream, and then “Squeeze into the cave”. If you’ve already got the coin, this ends the choiceadv without using a turn.

Thank you! I hadn't picked up on that and am currently hunting down Hoom Hah. Having now gained about 60 spooky gro fertilizers, this is exactly the information I needed today. :)

Aankhen

Glad I could help. :D

EDIT:
Just noticed that when you choose to get the spooky temple map in O Lith, Mon, KoLmafia doesn’t register the loss of a tree-holed coin. Here’s a small patch:

Code:
--- a/src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/session/ChoiceManager.java    Sun Sep 12 17:46:04 2010 +0530
+++ b/src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/session/ChoiceManager.java    Sun Sep 12 21:27:02 2010 +0530
@@ -1924,6 +1924,10 @@
           ItemPool.get( ItemPool.BAR_SKIN, -1 ) },
         { new Integer(504), new Integer(2), 
           ItemPool.get( ItemPool.BAR_SKIN, 1 ) },
+    
+    // O Lith, Mon
+    { new Integer(507), new Integer(1),
+      new AdventureResult( "tree-holed coin", -1 ) },
     };

private static final AdventureResult getCost( final int choice, final int decision )

Last edited:

Aankhen

I think the edit to my previous post might have been missed since it came rather late, so… bump!
EDIT:
Just noticed that when you choose to get the spooky temple map in O Lith, Mon, KoLmafia doesn’t register the loss of a tree-holed coin. Here’s a small patch:

Code:
--- a/src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/session/ChoiceManager.java    Sun Sep 12 17:46:04 2010 +0530
+++ b/src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/session/ChoiceManager.java    Sun Sep 12 21:27:02 2010 +0530
@@ -1924,6 +1924,10 @@
           ItemPool.get( ItemPool.BAR_SKIN, -1 ) },
         { new Integer(504), new Integer(2), 
           ItemPool.get( ItemPool.BAR_SKIN, 1 ) },
+    
+    // O Lith, Mon
+    { new Integer(507), new Integer(1),
+      new AdventureResult( "tree-holed coin", -1 ) },
     };

private static final AdventureResult getCost( final int choice, final int decision )