Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40

Thread: Nemesis quest script

Was it possibly equipped when you kicked off the script, so failed to be detected by an item_amount check?

So... this just broke my 100% familiar run (not a black cat run, just a regular 100% familiar run). Any idea why it would do this? According to the change log it is supposed to respect 100% familiar runs as of an older update. And I have used this before without that issue... the only thing that seems different is that this time I ran it after breaking the crystal.

Also, when encountering a holiday wandering monster as a sauceror it just spammed it with gu gone until HP got so low that my auto abort (from another thing) triggered. It really should auto abort whenever any wandering monster is encountered (by having a list of allowed monsters which are the monsters that can be expected to be found in the nemesis quest)

Also, during the sauceror nemesis quest when fighting "Lumpy, the Sinister Sauceblob" (the encounter where it drops the pants) it was trying to spam it with gu gone for some reason
    Last edited by taltamir; 12-17-2017 at 09:11 AM.

By Crystal, do you mean Prism ( freeing King Ralph )?
    If so, once you break the prism, your ascension is recorded and ended. Anything done afterwards ( aftercore ) does not effect the ascension record. Does not effect 100% familiar runs, if you change your familiar after breaking that prism and freeing Ralph.

Wandering Crimbo monsters can also be turned off via,
    Seaside town > Right side of the tracks > Tammy's camp > R&D Tent.

Hope you find this helpful.

By Crystal, do you mean Prism ( freeing King Ralph )?
    If so, once you break the prism, your ascension is recorded and ended. Anything done afterwards ( aftercore ) does not effect the ascension record. Does not effect 100% familiar runs, if you change your familiar after breaking that prism and freeing Ralph.
    Originally Posted by Born Identities View Post
    I did mean freeing ralph. While it records the % at prysm break, it also records a second value called total run. I know total run is used for black cat runs. Is everything else other than a black cat using prysm % instead?

I want to get total run at 100%, but that is just me being OCD on it. In the future I will just make sure to not use the script after releasing ralph

Wandering Crimbo monsters can also be turned off via,
    Seaside town > Right side of the tracks > Tammy's camp > R&D Tent.
    Originally Posted by Born Identities View Post
    For this holiday. ideally it would know which specific monsters to expect and then abort if it encounters an unknown monster (eg, some future holiday monster).
    still tried to use gu gone on the nemesis himself (the pants dropping one) for some reason.

@taltamir: The script use Zlib is_100_run, kolmafia also has singleFamiliarRun but the script doesn't currently use that. I'll add a check for singleFamiliarRun (I'm not even sure how that setting behave after breaking the prism but I'll check). Maybe a user confirmation that you want to preserve your 100% run after the prism is broken.

As for the wandering monster, we can add a check but it would cause a lot of trouble with people who arrow/wink monsters as some people do in aftercore. The only way around that is to make a setting "Abort on unexpected monsters". I'm open to suggestion on that one.

@snooty: I wasn't able to replicate the bug, I'll try again on my next ascension.

@taltamir: The script use Zlib is_100_run, kolmafia also has singleFamiliarRun but the script doesn't currently use that. I'll add a check for singleFamiliarRun (I'm not even sure how that setting behave after breaking the prism but I'll check). Maybe a user confirmation that you want to preserve your 100% run after the prism is broken.
    Originally Posted by Grabuge View Post
    Cool, thank you.

As for the wandering monster, we can add a check but it would cause a lot of trouble with people who arrow/wink monsters as some people do in aftercore. The only way around that is to make a setting "Abort on unexpected monsters". I'm open to suggestion on that one.
    Originally Posted by Grabuge View Post
    I see what you mean. Only fully automatic way I can think of handling it is to look for all known monsters in case of arrowing. but that sounds like unrealistic amounts of things to check for. I can't think of any issues with having an "abort on unexpected monster" option though.
    Last edited by taltamir; 02-05-2018 at 12:52 AM.

I am not 100% certain. But I was getting
    Code:
    Something happened while unlocking the Volcano Maze,      exiting...
    and I thinkthis was happening because it was getting stuck at the "you must have at least 175 mainstat to adventure here" warning when it tried to adventure here
    http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/...emesis%27_Lair
    when my mainstat was actually lower and that message was not set to disabled. is it possible for the script to bypass that message? if not, is it possible for it give a more clear error message that states it specifically ran into that problem?

I still haven't ascended to test this.
    There is a variable to know if the warning is disable or not but it would mean I would have to code the minimum for each zone and check it before adventuring.
    It isn't hard but I would need to test it.