Nemesis quest script

Winterbay

Well, as I stated in my edit I did that part in vanilla KoL (even had to find out the password myself, the horror!1!). I got around it this time by setting the lastPaperStripReset property to my current ascencion (after having looked at what the code looked for) which solved that nicely.

slyz

Developer
It might have been clearer for future readers to leave your post and only add the edit at the end. The edge case was still relevant for people who had the strips but hadn't used the "nemesis strips" CLI command, or clicked the last cave door in the Relay Browser.

In any case, the fix is a good idea =)

Winterbay

It might have been clearer for future readers to leave your post and only add the edit at the end. The edge case was still relevant for people who had the strips but hadn't used the "nemesis strips" CLI command, or clicked the last cave door in the Relay Browser.

In any case, the fix is a good idea =)

That is a good point. I didn't think anyone had had the chance to see what I poste dbefore I realised what I had done so edit it out. Post have been sort of recreated now :)

slyz

Developer
New update: this should now work fully for Pastamancers.

If you happen to run the script while having a pasta Guardian in the Crystal orb of spirit wrangling and a Guardian with you, and if none of the two is the one needed for unlocking the lair, the script will stop to let you use the decoded cult documents yourself, so you can decide which guardian to discard.

@Mr. Purple: thanks for the code you posted!

EDIT: and the file is now back in the OP ^^

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
[size=+1]New version: 0.5 alpha[/size]

• Added the TT unlock.
  • Added the nemesis_farm zlib setting. Default is true, any other value will stop the script so you can spend your adventures yourself while waiting for the henchmen.

The TT unlock is untested, so feedback is welcome.

slyz

Developer
I updated the script in the first post - I just changed a little bit the macro used for turtle taming. I guess not many people are ascending right now, but the one person that got to test the TT part said it just attacked turtles for 40 advs.

I changed the macro from
PHP:
macro += "if match french; skill 7083; repeat; endif; attack; repeat;";
to
PHP:
macro += "if match frenchturtle; 'skill 7083'; 'repeat'; endif; attack; 'repeat';";

I don't think changing "french" to "frenchturtle" will change anything, but I put quotes around using skills and repeat because, when I enter that macro in a CCS, Mafia changes those lines to either "attack with weapon" or to "note unknown/ambiguous".

If this was the problem, then the Disco Bandit part, which uses macros too, might have problems as well.

StDoodle

Minion
In a CCS, quotes is how mafia knows you're directly entering KoL-macro syntax vs. mafia CSS syntax. They should not be necessary for this use; however, I'd recommend testing all script macros in the macro syntax checker provided in mafia's relay browser.

slyz

Developer
Of course, the string should be a KoL Macro, I don't know why I thought otherwise.

I think the problem was that the 'dummy' attack I was adding at the beginning was actually executed, then, contrary to what I thought.

I updated the script again without the 'dummy' attack. If someone with Entangling Noodles tests this, please tell me if entangling noodles is actually used when you get the jump.

jwylot

Thanks for this script Slyz. The nemesis quest gets very boring eventually. I have run it twice as AT now and had the same problem in the barracks where the script gets stuck in a loop adventuring in the same location, encountering a mariachi and running away. I have to stop it and pickpocket manually then resume the script after which it runs fine.

slyz

Developer
Autosteal should have been turned on. My guess is that the script went through all the rooms, found the special locations in each one, and started to try pickpocketing barrack Mariachis to get the last key. Were you not getting the jump? Did you pickpocket the last key from the Barracks or from a regular combat encounter? As always, a session log would be more helpful. Could you also check your <name>_prefs.txt file and copy here all of the settings that start with "nemesis_AT"?

If you always go to the same location, do you always get the same kind of Mariachi? Maybe the script should remember which Mariachi is in a specific location, so it can try to pickpocket the easiest ones first.

EDIT: I use visit_url() to start the fight then use run_combat(). Maybe pickpocket is skipped because Mafia thinks we are on round 2... I will be able to test this soonish.

Last edited:

jwylot

Was certainly getting the jump since runaway was working. Here's the tail-end of the log from the barracks.

Code:
volcanoisland.php?action=tuba
Encounter: surprised mariachi
Round 0: jwylot wins initiative!
Round 1: jwylot executes a macro!
Round 1: jwylot casts RETURN!

Encounter: The Island Barracks
choice.php?whichchoice=409&option=1
Encounter: A Short Hallway
choice.php?whichchoice=410&option=1
Encounter: Hallway Left
choice.php?whichchoice=411&option=1
Encounter: Kitchen
choice.php?whichchoice=413&option=3
Encounter: surprised mariachi
Round 1: jwylot executes a macro!
Round 1: jwylot casts RETURN!
Encounter: The Island Barracks
choice.php?whichchoice=409&option=1
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=410&option=1
Encounter: Hallway Left
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=411&option=3
Encounter: Storeroom
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=415&option=1
[870] The Barracks
Encounter: sleepy mariachi
Round 1: jwylot tries to steal an item!
You acquire an item: hacienda key
Round 2: Can't Sing tosses a gob of foul-smelling oyster stuffing at him, dealing 27 damage.
Round 2: sleepy mariachi takes 27 damage.
Round 2: jwylot casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 3: Can't Sing grabs the end of one of the noodles in his mouth and gleerfully stromples around your opponent, pulling the noodles even tighter.
Round 3: jwylot casts MOXIOUS MANEUVER!
Round 4: sleepy mariachi takes 119 damage.
After Battle: Can't Sing greams happily, baring a mouthful of scarpy teeth.
You gain 14 Beefiness
You gain 5 Magicalness
You gain 21 Cheek
...and my prefs as requested:
Code:
nemesis_farm	true
nemesis_farm_CCS	castle_quick
nemesis_farm_familiar	hobo monkey
nemesis_farm_location	Giant's Castle
nemesis_farm_mood	castlefarming
nemesis_farm_outfit	+meat
erm.....there are AT prefs? <runs off to look at the first post again>

slyz

Developer
erm.....there are AT prefs? <runs off to look at the first post again>
I was talking about Mafia preferences, not Zlib vars =)
Look for jwylot_prefs.txt in Mafia's /settings directory.

I tested the visit_url() + run_combat(), and it does pickpocket monsters that have pickpocketable drops. However, Sleepy, Surprised and Alert Mariachis do not seem to have the hacienda key drop in Mafia's data files. I will modify the script to use a KoL Macro instead.

Thanks for the feedback.

EDIT: With the recent change to unspaded drops (r8795), Mafia doesn't try to pickpocket Barrack Mariachis anymore because their normal drops are marked as unspaded, and unspaded drops are marked as not pickpocketable. I posted a Feature Request to change this, but I will modify nemesis.ash to use a KoL Macro to force PP if the request isn't accepted.

Last edited:

jwylot

I was talking about Mafia preferences, not Zlib vars =)
Look for jwylot_prefs.txt in Mafia's /settings directory.
Oops...sorry about that.
Code:
nemesis_AT_10_result=combat_no_key
nemesis_AT_10_visited=true
nemesis_AT_11_result=nothing
nemesis_AT_11_visited=true
nemesis_AT_12_result=special
nemesis_AT_12_visited=true
nemesis_AT_13_result=special
nemesis_AT_13_visited=true
nemesis_AT_14_result
nemesis_AT_14_visited=false
nemesis_AT_15_result
nemesis_AT_15_visited=false
nemesis_AT_16_result=combat_no_key
nemesis_AT_16_visited=true
nemesis_AT_17_result=nothing
nemesis_AT_17_visited=true
nemesis_AT_18_result=special
nemesis_AT_18_visited=true
nemesis_AT_1_result=nothing
nemesis_AT_1_visited=true
nemesis_AT_2_result=special
nemesis_AT_2_visited=true
nemesis_AT_3_result=combat_no_key
nemesis_AT_3_visited=true
nemesis_AT_4_result=combat_no_key
nemesis_AT_4_visited=true
nemesis_AT_5_result=special
nemesis_AT_5_visited=true
nemesis_AT_6_result=nothing
nemesis_AT_6_visited=false
nemesis_AT_7_result=special
nemesis_AT_7_visited=true
nemesis_AT_8_visited=false
nemesis_AT_9_visited=false
nemesis_AT_barrack_keys=0
nemesis_AT_lastReset=77
nemesis_AT_noncombat_keys=8
nemesis_Step=5
nemesis_lastReset=77

T_E

This worked fine for me in the past, but I am now getting this error when I reach the stage after getting my LEW:

> call nemesis

Internal checkpoint created.
Now to spend some turns while waiting for the hitmen...
Mafia did not understand this familiar: none. Please check your zlib settings
Could not get the Volcano Map.
Problem occured while opening the Volcano island, exiting...
Restoring initial settings...
CCS set to Castle goth cannon

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Theraze

Do you have a familiar currently set, or are you running bare for some reason? May be something to watch for, but... that appears to be the issue.

T_E

Yep, have a familiar equipped. thanks for trying to help. =)
I'm running this on an acct other than my main (which is the account I have successfully ran the script on in the past). I have no idea if that could be causing this but I thought I'd better add that in.

Theraze

Hmm... check zlib settings... do you have 'none' in for is_100_run or something like that? For that matter, search through zlib settings for any familiar-type settings with the word 'none' as the setting type. Since that seems to be where it says the error is.