Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Nemesis quest script

Thanks, I'll take a long hard look once I'm done with this run.

I'm going to avoid making the user setup CCSs and use the 3 variable version of adventure().
    Originally Posted by slyz View Post
    In which case you'll enjoy this. TT version of script, made to collect snailmail pieces at the same time. As with the SC version, I'm just bringing things up to the Volcano itself, as that's basically the same for each class.
    Attached Files

Time for some myst-class love. Pastamancer and Sauceror version. Pastamancer is tested, and I believe it to work. Sauceror is untested, and I believe it to work. If anyone would like to run these scripts and give feedback, it would be very welcome. They should both pick up from where slyz's original script leaves off, and take you through to the lair. So you need to fight a few guards, then the various versions of your nemesis.
    Attached Files

So I came across this as I was searching for addresses for the doors. So you know, I'm going to shamelessly carve some of it for use in my own script, but I thought I'd thank you by sharing a library script I developed for my own version.
    PHP Code:
    item epic_gear(string type[, string class]) 
    Details for use are in the attached, but it provides any class's different parts of epic gear. If you use it, just import it and uncomment the possess_item() function.
    Attached Files
    --
    The worst crime you can commit against another human being is to make them think.

Developer

Ver. 0.2 alpha uploaded. I added the DB and Sauceror unlocking. The DB one might be a little quirky (see why here), so more testing is in order. Oh, and I also botched getting the URLs for actually unlocking the Lair once enough Raveosity has been gathered, so if anyone could check the URLs and post them here, I would be grateful.

@Mr Purple: I never thanked you for you contributions, and I haven't ascended into those classes yet to test them, but thanks!

@Fluxxdog: thanks, but I already have the necessary code, and I wanted to minimize the support scripts needed (as well as the configuration options).
    Try the Nemesis Quest Script or the FamiliarFeeder interface.
    *shakes KoLMafia tech support magic 8-ball* Update mafia to the latest daily .JAR!
    NEW Dad ASCENSION STARTED 20120730
    ------------------------------
    Welcome to Parenthood, Noob

Developer

Ver. 0.3 alpha uploaded. I added in the AT unlock, which is almost complete (I just need a way to automatically accept to fight Mariachis in the Barracks, and someone to actually test it).

Oh, and the DB part wasn't as complete as I thought - I realized the Dance Club was actually a two step adventure. When trying to check if the Lair is already unlocked, you might be 'trapped' in that choice.
    Last edited by slyz; 11-09-2010 at 03:56 PM.
    *shakes KoLMafia tech support magic 8-ball* Update mafia to the latest daily .JAR!

Ver. 0.3 alpha uploaded. I added in the AT unlock, which is almost complete (I just need a way to automatically accept to fight Mariachis in the Barracks, and someone to actually test it).

Oh, and the DB part wasn't as complete as I thought - I realized the Dance Club was actually a two step adventure. When trying to check if the Lair is already unlocked, you might be 'trapped' in that choice.
    Originally Posted by slyz View Post
    Give me a few days and I'll be able to test the AT part at least

Developer

When you do, use Mafia's Mini-Browser to find out what URL is used when you hit the "Fight!" button when you get a Mariachi encounter in the Barracks.

And if you could set the zlib verbosity to 10, you should see what the script knows about the locations in the Barracks between each adventure: "special" is a key or a hint, "nothing" is... nothing, "combat_no_key" is a Mariachi you didn't successfully pickpocket, and "combat_key" is a Mariachi you got a Hacienda key from already.

If you got a hint, the script will visit the location next. If not, it will visit the first unvisited location. Once you know what is in every location, it will keep trying to pickpocket Mariachis until they drop one. Then it will just leave the adventure.

I also included the logic that was in the Wiki: each room has one location that contains a key or a hint, one mariachi, and one location with nothing helpful. Once 2/3 locations are visited in each room, it will deduce the 3rd one.

You might want to re-download the script before you try because I can't stop tweaking it ^^

The url of the second step in the DB Nemesis lair is "volcanoisland.php?pwd&action=tniat&action2=tr y"

I'm not sure which URL you wanted so I got them all

Code:
    choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=409&option=1&choiceform1=Continue

-

choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=410&option=1&choiceform1=Head+down+the+hall+to+the+left
    choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=411&option=1&choiceform1=Enter+the+kitchen
    choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=413&option=1&choiceform1=Check+the+cupboards

-

choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=410&option=1&choiceform1=Head+down+the+hall+to+the+left
    choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=413&option=2&choiceform2=Check+the+pantry

-

choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=413&option=3&choiceform3=Check+the+fridges

-

choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=411&option=2&choiceform2=Enter+the+dining+room
    choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=414&option=1&choiceform1=Search+the+tables

-

choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=414&option=2&choiceform2=Search+the+sideboard

-

choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=414&option=3&choiceform3=Search+the+china+cabinets

-

choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=411&option=3&choiceform3=Enter+the+storeroom
    choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=415&option=1&choiceform1=Search+the+crates

-

choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=415&option=2&choiceform2=Search+the+workbench

-

choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=415&option=3&choiceform3=Search+the+gun+cabinet

-

choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=410&option=2&choiceform2=Head+down+the+hall+to+the+right
    choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=412&option=1&choiceform1=Enter+the+bedroom
    choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=416&option=1&choiceform1=Search+the+beds

-

choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=410&option=2&choiceform2=Head+down+the+hall+to+the+right
    choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=416&option=2&choiceform2=Search+the+dressers

-

choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=416&option=3&choiceform3=Search+the+bathroom

-

choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=412&option=2&choiceform2=Enter+the+library
    choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=417&option=1&choiceform1=Search+the+bookshelves

-

choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=417&option=2&choiceform2=Search+the+chairs

-

choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=417&option=3&choiceform3=Examine+the+chess+set

-

choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=412&option=3&choiceform3=Enter+the+parlour
    choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=418&option=1&choiceform1=Examine+the+pool+table

-

choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=418&option=2&choiceform2=Examine+the+bar

-

choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=418&option=3&choiceform3=Examine+the+fireplace
    There appears to be no special URL for when you get a fight. You just end up in the fight from the choice adventure.

The script did seem to have some trouble doing anything before I manually assembled all 5 keys and gave me this output (even with verbosity already at 10):
    Code:
    Problem encountered while naviguating the Barracks: encountered an unexpected adventure
    Please type 'zlib verbosity = 10' in the gCLI, naviguate out of the current adventure, and try again so you can post the details.
    It didn't give any other information.

It did output this table first:
    Code:
     > location 1 - parent: 413, visited: false, result: nothing
     > location 2 - parent: 413, visited: false, result: special
     > location 3 - parent: 413, visited: false, result: combat_no_key
     > location 4 - parent: 414, visited: false, result: combat_key
     > location 5 - parent: 414, visited: false, result: 
     > location 6 - parent: 414, visited: false, result: 
     > location 7 - parent: 415, visited: false, result: 
     > location 8 - parent: 415, visited: false, result: 
     > location 9 - parent: 415, visited: false, result: 
     > location 10 - parent: 416, visited: false, result: 
     > location 11 - parent: 416, visited: false, result: 
     > location 12 - parent: 416, visited: false, result: 
     > location 13 - parent: 417, visited: false, result: 
     > location 14 - parent: 417, visited: false, result: 
     > location 15 - parent: 417, visited: false, result: 
     > location 16 - parent: 418, visited: false, result: 
     > location 17 - parent: 418, visited: false, result: 
     > location 18 - parent: 418, visited: false, result:
    The first I guess is from my first visit to the island (before breaking the prism some days ago) and it died upon start then as well. After having fumbled around for myself for a while and restarting the script it still gave the same output so I'm not sure where those actually recorded visits came from.

I then ran away from the three henchmen in the volcano since the script set my combat actuin to "run away" but didn't change it back before entering the volcano (managed to change it before somerset Lopex came on) followed by failing to pass the volcano maze. I had to stop the script and manually go there and click the solve button for Mafia to actually solve it.
    It did all the nessecary steps and then swam back to shore, followed by 1 failed attempt at a correct solution and 5 where it went 1 step and then swam back. No idea what was up with that.

Developer

Thank you for testing, but I think I did something to correct the problems you report for navigating the Barracks. Did you download the script from the first post just before testing? If not, does line 1153 in the version you used read:
    PHP Code:
    adv create_matcher"(?i)you sneak (?:around|back)"html ); 
    If you did use that version, then I'm stumped and I guess I'll just ascend AT next to work things out. I guess I shouldn't post things I didn't test myself, nothing went as I was expecting ^^

Thank you for the URLs you posted, but the one I needed is missing (the one that is submitted when you hit the "Fight!" button to make the fight happen in the Barracks).

Concerning the problem with running away, maybe I should add a check for that. What happened is that the script aborted with "try to run away" as Mafia's combat setting, and this setting was kept when the script was restarted.

I'll change the logic for using Mafia's built-in Volcano solver soon, I hope.

Thanks again!

EDIT:
    I didn't get a map that Mafia couldn't solve, but I think the logic I had already should work. I'll just add a message saying not to touch anything while Mafia solves the maze.

Did you hit escape or do something in the Relay Browser after Mafia printed the message saying it examined the paths? I think you simply needed to wait while Mafia was hoping around in the Maze. Unfortunately, nothing is printed in the gCLI while this happens.

If anyone else is in a position to test this, this is the code I use:
    PHP Code:
    while ( !cli_execute"volcano visit; volcano solve" ) )

cli_execute"volcano jump 1" ); 
    The "volcano jump 1" makes you swim back to the shore, and this happens when Mafia enters an Error state if no solution was found after the first 5 hops.
    Last edited by slyz; 11-15-2010 at 08:47 PM.