Nemesis quest script

slyz

Developer
The script needs to make the first visit anyway, but the second visit can probably be avoided most of the time.

I think I was trying to do it backwards though: I was looking for text that meant the fun house was available (things like "clownlord", or Alhifar's message). I should have been looking for text that meant that the Fun House wasn't available (text like "The first step will be to smith for yourself an Epic Weapon", I guess).

slyz

Developer
I ran into a problem today, and discovered that the script would restore your autoattack after unlocking the volcano island. Not anymore.

Winterbay

One thing that I've noticed is that the volcano-opening choice adventure is set as to work with the showing of the map by the script, which leads to aborts when automating if you don't change it back afterwards. Any chance it could restore that choiceadventure setting as well?

Jar of Jam

For whatever reason script tries to use the wrong passcode - Turtle Tamer, r11488
Code:
Running ZLib version: r37 (current)
Running Nemesis.ash version: v2.4 (current)
Checkpoints cleared.
Internal checkpoint created.
Nemesis Cave already unlocked
opening Nemesis Cave doors...
Nemesis Cave doors opened
a creased paper strip = careful:KAZAM:funny
a crinkled paper strip = wibbly:TANG:fuzzy
a crumpled paper strip = rough:PLIB:curved
a folded paper strip = funny:CAD:jagged
a ragged paper strip = dangly:FNORD:rough
a ripped paper strip = curved:ABRA:sinusoidal
a rumpled paper strip = jagged:GORT:dangly
a torn paper strip = careful:KAZAM:funny
a creased paper strip = careful:KAZAM:funny
a crinkled paper strip = wibbly:TANG:fuzzy
a crumpled paper strip = rough:PLIB:curved
a folded paper strip = funny:CAD:jagged
a ragged paper strip = dangly:FNORD:rough
a ripped paper strip = curved:ABRA:sinusoidal
a rumpled paper strip = jagged:GORT:dangly
a torn paper strip = careful:KAZAM:funny
The following password did no work in the Nemesis Cave: [B]KAZAMCADGORTFNORDPLIBABRAKAZAMCAD[/B]
Restoring initial settings...
CCS set to DestroyAllMonsters!
Problem occured while doing the Nemesis Cave, exiting...
CCS set to DestroyAllMonsters!

The actual code is KAZAMCADGORTFNORDPLIBABRAMEEPTANG

Theraze

Look at the bits... ABRA is 'sinusoidal' but you don't have any sinusoidal attachments. In other words, you have bits of two different ascensions in your papers. Clearing them and letting it look at them properly again would have fixed it. Basically, not a nemesis-script problem.

Jar of Jam

Look at the bits... ABRA is 'sinusoidal' but you don't have any sinusoidal attachments. In other words, you have bits of two different ascensions in your papers. Clearing them and letting it look at them properly again would have fixed it. Basically, not a nemesis-script problem.
That does make sense. How do I clear the paper "cache" ?

slyz

Developer
Copy/paste the following in the gCLI:
Code:
ashq set_property( "lastPaperStrip3144", "" ); for i from 4138 to 4144 set_property( "lastPaperStrip"+i, "" );

snooty

Updating passive_damage_sources.txt from '2012-02-16T08:57:02-06:00' to ''...
Error loading passive_damage_sources.txt from the Map Manager.
Something happened while loading the passive damage sources data file.
Could not obtain the hellseal disguise.
CCS set to default

Can I cry now? Volcano island's open, had *no* problems with the old version. Fix please? XD

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That looks like a problem with the server providing the data file, or your network connection, or possibly (though not likely) something weird with mafia, not a problem with the script.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
That looks like a problem with the server providing the data file, or your network connection, or possibly (though not likely) something weird with mafia, not a problem with the script.

Wrong place for this but I am seeing similar problems with plural_monsters used by BatBrain/WHAM so there is definitely as problem with a non-KoL server. Maybe we need a thread for status reports concerning non-KoL, non-KoLmafia.us servers that host script related components?

slyz

Developer
I added to the opening post the file it was trying to update and updated the script to stop using Z's map manager :(

snooty

Hey thanks for that quick fix! I'm not sure if I need to run it again today, but I know I definitely will tomorrow. I'll be sure to alert you to any more hiccups :)

T_E

Hello, it's me again. =)

I ran into a problem today running the script as a DB. I burned over 100 adventures trying to learn Pop and Lock It. It looks like it didn't do the Gothy Handwave when the special message was received, possibly? I just did that manually and it hadn't passed any of the those steps. I'll venture on tomorrow when I have turns to do so and see if it is able to finish now that it knows the 3 skills.

slyz

Developer
I was doing the DB nemesis quest yesterday too. I hadn't looked at how it went yet, but it looks like something is off with the pop-and-lock raver.

I'll look into it today.

T_E

I restarted the script after manually learning Pop and Lock It and things progressed without any problems.

slyz

Developer
Apparently there are two versions of the pop-and-lock raver messages, one with "became" and one with "become". Now the script just looks for simpler strings for all the ravers.

I'm not sure if this one is being maintained, but I just ran into trouble running as an AT. The script aborted and told me to post with verbosity 10, so here we go

Code:
Problem encountered while naviguating the Barracks: encountered an unexpected adventure
Please type 'zlib verbosity = 10' in the gCLI, naviguate out of the current adventure, and try again so you can post the details.
CCS set to in run
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.

> zlib verbosity = 10

Previous value of verbosity: 3
Changed to 10.

> call scripts\nemesis.ash

Running ZLib version: r37 (current)
Running Nemesis.ash version: v2.6 (current)
Checkpoints cleared.
Internal checkpoint created.
CCS set to in run

Obtaining Hacienda keys...
Maximizing...
40 combinations checked, best score 20,225.00
Conditions list cleared.
location 1 - parent: 413, visited: true, result: nothing
location 2 - parent: 413, visited: true, result: special
location 3 - parent: 413, visited: false, result: combat_no_key
location 4 - parent: 414, visited: true, result: nothing
location 5 - parent: 414, visited: true, result: special
location 6 - parent: 414, visited: false, result: combat_no_key
location 7 - parent: 415, visited: false, result: 
location 8 - parent: 415, visited: true, result: special
location 9 - parent: 415, visited: false, result: 
location 10 - parent: 416, visited: true, result: combat_key
location 11 - parent: 416, visited: true, result: special
location 12 - parent: 416, visited: false, result: nothing
location 13 - parent: 417, visited: false, result: 
location 14 - parent: 417, visited: false, result: 
location 15 - parent: 417, visited: false, result: 
location 16 - parent: 418, visited: false, result: 
location 17 - parent: 418, visited: false, result: 
location 18 - parent: 418, visited: false, result: 

Encounter: 150 Moxie
Visiting location 13...
Problem encountered while naviguating the Barracks: encountered an unexpected adventure
Please type 'zlib verbosity = 10' in the gCLI, naviguate out of the current adventure, and try again so you can post the details.

edit: hmm nevermind. looks like the issue is that i got beaten up and maybe didnt have the necessary min MOX. after curing beaten up and rerunning it works fine.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Ok. Since this part of the script doesn't use adventure(), I should add a check for beaten up so it can abort with a helpful message.