Feature - Implemented Set default amount to 1 in the input box for the quantity of items to create

Theraze

Yeah, but people who do use the forum do sometimes have this issue come up when trying to blow up boxes, and a script would help them there...

Bale

Minion
Well, as I suggested, here's a script to blow up all your boxen. Hopefully it will solve people's problems.

I haven't tested this yet, for obvious reasons. Please give me feedback so we can make it better.

Attachments

• BoxenBoom.ash
    1.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Re a new board -- could be interesting. I don't think it would be particularly active, but it might be nice to see what sort of changes people want to see. I think there are some of us who enjoy mini projects and this could be a way to showcase them. In addition, would it be possible to use that board to establish some kind of KoLmafia Janitors (rather like Linux's Kernel Janitors project) where more routine clean up projects or changes could be asked for by the developers if they don't have the time or the desire to work on them. I'm sure there are some of us out there who would quite enjoy those sorts of things.
I only see a handful of people submitting code to Mafia, and I think only Jason and Veracity add significant features. It would be nice to see people come up with more than suggestions/feature request, and have more people actually contribute to Mafia's code.

And of course, I'm sure a lot of the tedious compilation and formatting of data like the different familiars' effects in the Crown of Thrones could be done by the community.

I've thought about this, off and on, for a while now. My life has gotten very complicated: as I've mentioned elsewhere, not only am I a founder of a startup company and need to devote my mental energy and coding to that, rather than this, but I've just spent two weeks moving from Boston to Dallas and setting up. I'm done with the shopping and such, and am ready to work again, but on paying work, not KoLmafia.

I'm willing to update data files and such - and make minor changes that affect me directly (yes, I am still running my main and my ascending multi, but with longer intervals in aftercore, rather than time-consuming ascension), but features and bug fixes for the benefit of the community are off my plate at the moment, I am afraid.

I suspect that Jason is also busy, since I only see him submit occasionally, these days.

I'm willing to open up the KoLmafia dev forum to people who actually code their own changes to KoLmafia. (Unless you pluralize "box" as "boxen", rather than "boxes", of course; that REALLY rubs this scholar of Old English the wrong way. Don't do it. ;))

And I'm willing to add more developers to sourceforge so they can actually check in changes. I think I'd like to have such people get vetted on the dev forum first.

Send me a PM if you actually change the Java code yourself, with code YOU wrote, rather than simply taking somebody else's patch, and would like access to the KoLmafia dev forum, and I'll tell you where it is.

Although, if you are clever, you should be able to find it on your own. ;)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Although, if you are clever, you should be able to find it on your own. ;)

There was a time when it would have been easier. Having been around then is useful but not necessary.

And while reading over there, I found an old thread about someone accidentally making a bunch of meat staves instead of the one they tried to make. Changing this is only tangentially related to blowing up boxes.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It's also worth pointing out that if you want to make the maximum amount of an item, you can type in * instead of the actual number to save yourself a few key presses. If you forget that and feel lazy, you can also type in 99999 (or some arbitrarily large number that's larger than the quantity you can make) and it will only try to make what you can make anyway.