Feature Potential Earnings (actual)

NardoLoopa

On the Mall tab the titlebar lists your potential earnings. However, this is for the (outrageous) prices you set. It would be nice to know the "at current market value) price as well.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
On the Mall tab the titlebar lists your potential earnings. However, this is for the (outrageous) prices you set. It would be nice to know the "at current market value) price as well.

I'm sure I'll be corrected on this but there is a major difficulty in defining "current market value" so that all users understand and agree upon what it means. There is also the potential to generate a whole lot more server hits than currently.

Would a you consider displaying either the value of your inventory as computed using the lowest price in the mall (which is already displayed for each item) or the value as computed using the prices in the mafia file mallprices.txt?

If that is acceptable than I'm curious as to why you want it or how you would use it? My store's potential earnings are over 3 million meat and the vast majority of the items are already at the lowest allowed price. Neither computation would tell me anything that I would use to change my play style or the way I manage my store.

If you don't like the fact that items at the maximum allowed price are included in the total (which I think are, but I can't verify at the moment) then I might suggest you change the price or use your Display Case to brag ;-)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I currently have some items sitting in my store at around 14m with a current value (lowest mall price or mallprices.txt) of around 9m, in this case extra Mr. Store familiars that I will eventually sell. Having their current value (as measured by any sane method such as the ones suggested) would be convenient to see totaled up for probably the same reason that the potential earnings value was listed in the first place.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Got it. It doesn't add things up but this relay script will color code items in your store that are not at the lowest price when you manage the store through the relay browser.

NardoLoopa

Lost, is on track here.

The "at current market value" price I had in mind was the lowest price currently in the mall -- which, without data-mining for most recent purchase history on the server, is probably the best we can get. The lowest price in currently in the mall data is already retrieved from the server for all things in your store. Thus, I would think it's trivial to add it up and display it.

Theraze

Would this be similar to using the Coldfront marketplace to try to get actual sale values? Shouldn't be too hard to do something similar to icon315's daily info grabbing of certain items...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I looked at this as a mafia level change and it is not as simple as I would like although I would still consider tackling it. Right now what is passed around is a single number that is converted to a string. I either have to duplicate that for a second number or pass around something different such as an array of numbers.

This got me thinking about the data I would want for an Advanced Store Manager. An information only ASM would tell me projected earnings at the minimum allowed mall price, at the lowest mall price at the moment, at my price, and at a historical price. It would give me a list of the items in my store that were not listed at the minimum allowed price and would indicate which of those items were also not at the lowest offering price in the mall.

So I see a couple of approaches. One would be the original approach - add a number to the title bar. One would be a new Store Manager Tab which would be a static display of information as above with no interaction and a Refresh button. One would be implementing this as a collection of Informational scripts rather than a mafia mod.

Theraze

Could probably combine one of the relay mall managers with the marketplace average price lookup, so they just tell you how close your price is to the actual sale average price, though I'd probably consider setting it to pull a week or even month of data instead of the last day, depending on how 'average' you're wanting it to give... actually, I could probably pull that together in under 10 mins, if it's actually useful. <ponders>

Edit: If you're just wanting current lowest price, the manageprices.ash relay script will tell you what the lowest price is along with your current price... No additional work required...

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
FWIW, the following script looks at what is in your store and prints the total value if Autosold, the total value if sold at minimum mall prices and the total value if sold at historical prices. Note that some items are available at NPC stores for less than the minimum mall price which can sometimes make historical totals less than minimum mall totals.

Attachments

• StoreData.ash
    445 bytes · Views: 34

Winterbay

Sorry for the necro of this but...
While this script is great in its simplicity, would it be possible to get it to report the total earnings from the store log as well?
If I go to my store log in the relay browser it states at the bottom "total earnings: X meat" while the store manager in Mafia does not tell me anything apart from who bought what at what price. I quite like to know how much I've sold for in total.