Bug - Not A Bug Pick pocket stops working in CCS

fxer

So I'm a DB with Bling of the New Wave so I get two pickpocket attempts. Mafia will do two pick attempts for awhile, but then inexplicably will stop as the two back-to-back adventures below show. I tried restarting Mafia etc but it would no longer pickpocket until after rollover, also it doesn't matter if I execute the CCS from the combat action bar or via automated adventuring. Any idea why it would execute part of the CCS but not the picks? (Using r8572)

My CCS:
[ default ]
try to steal an item
try to steal an item
skill spring raindrop attack
attack with weapon

The adventures:
Request 1 of 20 (Island: Hippy Camp (Stone Age)) in progress...

[1877] Hippy Camp (Stone Age)
Encounter: cavewomyn hippy
Strategy: ...\ccs\springraindrop.ccs [default]
Round 0: fxer wins initiative!
Round 1: fxer executes a macro!
Round 1: fxer tries to steal an item!
Round 2: fxer tries to steal an item!
Round 3: fxer casts SPRING RAINDROP ATTACK!
You gain 15 hit points
You gain 13 Mojo Points
Round 4: fxer attacks!
You acquire an item: handful of nuts and berries
You acquire an item: handful of pine needles
You gain 17 Strengthliness
You gain 17 Enchantedness
You gain 38 Chutzpah

Request 2 of 20 (Island: Hippy Camp (Stone Age)) in progress...

[1878] Hippy Camp (Stone Age)
Encounter: cavewomyn hippy
Strategy: ...\ccs\springraindrop.ccs [default]
Round 0: fxer wins initiative!
Round 1: fxer executes a macro!
Round 1: fxer casts SPRING RAINDROP ATTACK!
You gain 20 hit points
You gain 25 Mojo Points
You lose 7 hit points
Round 2: fxer attacks!
Your familiar gains a pound: Head Trauma, the 8 lb. Llama Lama
You gain 22 Beefiness
You gain 22 Enchantedness
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 30 Smarm

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I don't know why that happens, but a workaround is to use "pickpocket" with quotes instead. This will cause mafia to send it unmodified as part of the macro and bypass the incorrect parsing that seems to be happening.

Theraze

Someone mentioned that apparently Kolmafia can only do one 'special' action per combat in one of the other bug reports... the workaround was, as lostcalpolydude suggested, not giving it as a special action, giving it as a specific "pickpocket" task instead.

slyz

Developer
Kolmafia can only do one 'special' action per combat
KoLMafia will only do one of the actions you have setup in the Special menu (pickpocket, noodles, auto olfact etc....). That means that, in any CCS, the "special action" line will be replaced by only one special action. In this case, the pickpocket was explicitly written in the CCS, so it wasn't an issue.

As Lost said, edit your CCS so it looks like this:
Code:
[ default ]
"pickpocket"
"pickpocket"
skill spring raindrop attack
attack with weapon

EDIT: It is strange that Mafia suddenly stops pickpocketing for the day. In the case of cavewomyn hippies, 400% bonus +item% is enough to guarantee all the drops, and Mafia doesn't pickpocket when all the drops are guaranteed. If you have been running enough +item%, and have been using something like the stinky cheese eye, maybe you suddenly reach 400% +item%. That at least would explain why Mafia stops pickpocketing.

Last edited:
Maybe I don't understand the purpose of special actions, but I seem to be having the same issue, but i'm attempting to use entangling noodles as my special action.

Mafia r8573

My CCS:
[ default ]
special action
skill cannelloni cannon

My Action:
custom combat script

My Special:
Noodles

Here's my results:
[918] F'c'le
Encounter: cleanly pirate
Strategy: ..\ccs\HC_Run.ccs [default]
Round 0: IceColdFever wins initiative!
Round 1: IceColdFever executes a macro!
Round 1: IceColdFever casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
Round 2: cleanly pirate takes 54 damage.
You lose 17 hit points
Round 2: IceColdFever casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
Round 3: cleanly pirate takes 56 damage.
You gain 56 Meat
You acquire an item: rigging shampoo
You gain 11 Fortitude
You gain a Muscle point!
You gain 14 Magicalness
You gain 5 Chutzpah

Like I said, maybe I don't know how i'm supposed to be using special action, but it doesn't seem to work.

Theraze

'Best' solution so far has been to, instead of using 'special action', use "<skill name>" instead. So for entangling noodles, it would be replacing
special action
with
"entangling noodles"
and that should always go off...

Suggestion (if you don't have a reason to avoid it)... look into zarqon's FTF and SS custom combat scripts? They make a very nice initial bit, including using noodles and so on. You do have to avoid them sometimes... mostly in conjunction with certain horrid familiars (NOT looking forwards to a 100% mosquito run) but otherwise, they're great.

Ok, same setup as yesterday, but with macroDebug on.

Code:
> set macroDebug = true

macroDebug => true
Validating adventure sequence...
Requests complete.

[1200] Barn
Encounter: generic duck
Strategy: ..\ccs\HC_Run.ccs [default]
Round 0: IceColdFever wins initiative!
Generated macro:
sub mafiaround
endsub#mafiaround
sub mafiamp
****abort "No MP restoratives!"
****mark mafiampexit
endsub#mafiamp
#mafiaheader
mark mafiafinal
if hasskill 3005
****call mafiaround; skill 3005
endif
goto mafiafinal

Round 1: IceColdFever executes a macro!
Round 1: IceColdFever casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
Round 2: generic duck takes 34 damage.
You lose 18 hit points
Round 2: IceColdFever casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
Round 3: generic duck takes 33 damage.
You lose 18 hit points
Round 3: IceColdFever casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
Round 4: generic duck takes 31 damage.
Round 4: The Wizard de-rezzes it for 21 damage, then offers you a drink out of his identity disc. It's a little too intimate for your comfort, but it's still refreshing.
Round 4: generic duck takes 21 damage.
You gain 21 Mana Points
You lose 18 hit points
Round 4: IceColdFever casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
Round 5: generic duck takes 29 damage.
You lose 18 hit points
Round 5: IceColdFever casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
Round 6: generic duck takes 29 damage.
Round 6: The Wizard bounces his disc off of it for 27 damage, and it ricochets into you, giving you quite a shock.
Round 6: generic duck takes 27 damage.
You gain 27 Mana Points
You gain 96 Meat
After Battle: The Wizard says "Please accept this token of my devotion to my user," and hands you an actual, literal token. Now that you think of it, you actually are kind of using him. Is this really a healthy relationship?
You acquire an item: Game Grid token
You gain 8 Fortitude
You gain 21 Mysteriousness
You gain 11 Chutzpah

jasonharper

Developer
The menu item you checked to enable auto-entangling is labeled "Cast Noodles before simple actions". The icon that appears when the feature is enabled has a tooltip that reads "Entangling Noodles will be cast before non-CCS actions.". Does this perhaps explain why your CCS isn't doing something that isn't explicitly listed in the CCS?

slyz

Developer
Noodles isn't a special action? I always thought it would replace the "special action" line in a CCS just like autoOlfact or autoPutty! I just looked at the tooltips, and they do explicitly say that pickpocket and noodles will only be used with non-CCS actions.

Thanks for the clarification.

That's what I said in my first post: "Maybe I don't understand the purpose of special actions."
If that is how it's supposed to work (noodles only casts when using something from the action dropdown besides CCS) that is fine. So having special actions in your CCS only does the 4 options (oflact, putty, identify stones, identify potions)?

slyz

Developer
Apparently you weren't the only one: everyone was just using "workarounds", without realizing why they needed to =)