Cooking confusion lol

Spiny

I'm so confused.

I have witnessed Mafia, in the past, decide to purchase the final product food item from the mall rather than use my already-on-hand materials to make the item for consumption when using eat/drink/use commands. I grumbled to myself for having had to spend the meat to get what I could have made "for free" I realized that mafia thinks it's more profitable to sell the base ingredients and buy the final product. Ok, I get the logic and sometimes agree and sometimes disagree, but whatever. Time passes.

Today, on my aftercore turtle tamer who has Saucecrafting permed. I did use milk of mag as usual. Clan stash was out apparently so mafia took the next step and... made the milk of mag for me, even with buy from mall enabled. *scratches head* Yes, I have reagents, yes I have glasses of goat's milk. I can only make one potion from said materials since I'm not a sauceror. Milk of mags are 890 meat in the mall, reagents are 900 and glass of goat's milk are 1500, not to mention the turn-cost involved. Based on my previously experienced mafia behavior, I would have thought mafia would say hey, sell the ingredients and buy the final product, but no, mafia made the milk of mag and my chef blew up.

All told, it's not a huge deal, but I'm just totally confused now.

slyz

Developer
I have witnessed Mafia, in the past, decide to purchase the final product food item from the mall rather than use my already-on-hand materials
From what I could understand by looking at retrieveItem() in InventoryManager.java, Mafia always creates from inventory if you have enough ingredients. It only checks the mall when you are missing ingredients, in order to decide if it should buy the final product, or buy the missing ingredients.

Apparently, this post by JasonHarper confirms all this.

If I were you, I would put all my glasses of goat's milk in my closet (or in the mall), to make sure the buy vs create logic is called. Or you could use a buyScript like Bale's potionBuy.ash.