Why does Mafia think every familiar is better with the Moeable Feast?

Terrabull

For some reason every time Mafia switches familiars, it grabs the movable feast from what had it and gives it to the new one.
Even when the familiar item is better or not what I want (Purse Rat, Llama Lama) it still moves it around.
Is there any way to stop this, short of closeting it?
Note: Any familiars I am using are long past max level, so the bonus exp shouldn't be a factor.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
KoLmafia will only equip an item on a familiar which isn't already wearing one. If you make sure that your familiars are equipped with the item of your choice, KoLmafia will not override that decision - although it may steal the item to equip another naked familiar, for certain items.

FWIW, it considers items in this order to put onto naked familiars:

pumpkin bucket
tiny box of fireworks
mayflower bouquet
moveable feast
<the familiar's specific item>
lead necklace

Winterbay

Would it be a good idea to add the Hookah between the specific item and the necklace? If I have the hookah and the necklace but not familiar specific item then it is more than probable that the hookah is a better choice than the necklace, no?

Terrabull

I could have sworn some items were getting removed, but I might be mistaken.
Is mafia aware of familiar-specific cases? (Parrot, Purse Rat, Llama lama) Or does it use that list for everything?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Not if you don't want buffs, which you could not be wanting. Especially AT songs.

By the same argument, there are probably people that don't want the damage from a pumpkin bucket, fireworks, or feast, because it will kill the monster before they can finish their disco combos while farming. If it's for spading and the easiest way to reach the desired weight is without any equipment on, then all equipment would be bad to equip. I doubt that behavior will be changed though (and I don't want it to be), so the hookah should be on the list.

What is specific with those familiars?
The first two give more than +5 lbs to the familiar. The last one raises the drop rate of gongs.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
It is not (aware of familiar-specific cases). The only equipment removing I've observed isn't at all a result of this feature, but rather the "maximize" CLI command, but that shouldn't be related. (It probably does use the same list, though -- "maximize mus" with the purse rat equipped often ends up replacing the annoying pitchfork with a lead necklace)

Spiny

If you don't want your familiar equipment messed with, add a -familiar at the end of whatever you're maximizing and handle your familiar stuff yourself. I do that all the time.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
True, but I sometimes get lazy and forget to add that to the end. But either way, I'm just saying this might be why Terrabull thought the familiar equip was being removed.

Terrabull

Unless a script is running the maximizer I manually max my stuff because I generally need "more than I have" but not "All that I can."
So I don't think that's the issue (except of course, when running scripts.)