Feature - Implemented Optimizing Outfits

Bobson

I've always found the number of items available towards the end of a run rather overwhelming to try and sort through when it comes time to make an outfit geared towards one stat (Moxie, Meat Drop, Initiative, etc.) I'd love to see an option on the Gear Changer screen to automatically select the items that would give you the highest value for that stat. It basically is a shortcut to scrolling through every item on every list looking at the modifiers and choosing the highest.

I've started working on adding the functionality to my copy of the code, but I've realized just how rusty my Java is and how complex an issue it can be (how does a Moxie-multiplier item compare to a straight up boost?). Would anyone else find this useful? Would anyone else like to implement it instead of waiting for me to slowly put it all together?

Spiny

Do you know about the modifier maximizer GUI/CLI tool that is in mafia? Read a little about it here. Or Try it for yourself, the GUI is in the Tools drop down menu. Only some things are hardcoded in as options, though there are many many other choices.

Bale

Minion
The irony here, is that there was once a very popular script, Equipt, which served exact purpose. You missed that when searching the forum. ;) Perhaps you can check that for some pointers about implementing your idea.

Equipt proved very useful for a little over 2 months, until Jason added similar functionality to KoLmafia in the form of the Modifier Maximizer as Spiny pointed out..

Bobson

Ah ha! I knew it was too useful a feature for me to have been the first to think of it. Somehow I just never noticed it before, though. Thanks for pointing it out!