Bug - Fixed No Game Description data for Tofurkey nugget

Phoenix512

r8551 - When right clicking on Tofurkey nugget and selecting Game Description, I get

Code:
No description data exists for this item.

Spiny

Were you clicking on this item while it's for sale at Chez Snootee? I think when I've clicked on anything offered by the Chef or the Microbrewery that has happened to me, but if you check out the actual item (from the mall or your inventory), you should get the description alright.

Spiny

I'm honestly not sure. I chalked it up to being a clone of an actual item, rather than the item itself, since it has to be consumed on tap when purchased from the restaurants and normally it is a physical item, which would be a different ID in actuality, wouldn't it? I really don't know. I'm tired. I should sleep. Maybe someone else knows :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Ah. NOW I understand what you are talking about.

The restaurant (or microbrewery) have a daily special, which appears in the Item Manager under Food or Booze. If you right-click (or for me, control-click) on that item, the popup menu lets you select "Game Description", but when you select it, it submits "desc_item.php?whichitem=null", which doesn't work.

I spent some time yesterday and discovered that there was nothing whatsoever wrong with KoLmafia's descid for the tofurky nugget. Since I don't - and never will again, I expect - have a character in a Myst sign, it never occurred to me that restaurant items had anything to do with this. But, I can reproduce it with my no-longer-ascending multi who can see that today's micromicrobrewery special is the tequila sunrise...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 8552 looks up Concoctions by name, rather than item id, when you ask for Game Description. This should fix the issue for the "special of the day" at Chez Snootee and the Gnomish Micromicrobrewery. It would also make it possible to add special handling for the regular offerings of those two establishments: Infinitesimal IPA, for example. I did not do that,