Bug - Fixed Session Log turn counts regarding Dungeon Fist (and other 5 turn games)

Spiny

v8549

I use Veracity's script to automate Dungeon Fist to obtain 30 tickets in-run. I noticed when I used Flolle's Ascension Log Visualizer that it was only accounting for one turn spent at Dungeon Fist, rather than 5 turns, when the log is visualized in chart form. I would assume this would be the same with any of the 5-turn games. I'm not sure if this would skew end result turn count analysis or not. It may not be anything more than a cosmetic oddity.

In my current session log for today while in-run with a clan account:

Code:
[488] Dungeon Fist!
Action: Go West
Encounter: Demons
Action: Fight!
(snip)
You find a locked door
You unlock the door
You find the exit
YOU HAVE ESCAPED THE DUNGEON! FINAL SCORE: 23800
You acquire Game Grid ticket (30)

js_inv.php?for=MrScript

Visiting Ticket Redemption Counter

js_inv.php?for=MrScript

trading 30 tickets for 3 coffee pixie sticks
You acquire coffee pixie stick (3)

js_inv.php?for=MrScript

use 3 coffee pixie stick
You gain 21 Adventures

[493] Fantasy Airship
Encounter: MagiMechTech MechaMech
Round 0: The_CCCP wins initiative!
Round 1: The_CCCP uses the Miniborg Destroy-O-Bot and uses the Miniborg Destroy-O-Bot!
Round 2: magimechtech mechamech takes 26 damage.
Round 2: magimechtech mechamech takes 23 damage.
You lose 18 hit points
Round 2: The_CCCP uses the Miniborg Destroy-O-Bot and uses the Miniborg Destroy-O-Bot!
Round 3: magimechtech mechamech takes 24 damage.
Round 3: magimechtech mechamech takes 26 damage.
You lose 14 hit points
Round 3: The_CCCP uses the Miniborg Destroy-O-Bot and uses the Miniborg Destroy-O-Bot!
Round 4: magimechtech mechamech takes 25 damage.
After Battle: Baby Gravy Fairy does a little fairy dance.
You acquire an item: metallic A
You acquire an item: photoprotoneutron torpedo
You gain 13 Beefiness
You gain 7 Magicalness
You gain 13 Roguishness
You gain a Moxie point!

The log visualizer has no idea what happened during turns 489-492.

Also of note is that when the tickets are acquired this way, mafia's inventory needs to be manually refreshed to recognize the acquisition if one wants to redeem things from the item manager at that point. This is why I am using the relay browser to redeem, it feels quicker than an inventory refresh. Also also of note, when a game grid token is pulled from Hagnks, assuming no other tokens/tickets on hand, when this script is run, it balks because it doesn't realize I have access to the Arcade. I have to see the arcade in the relay browser first it seems.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
. I noticed when I used Flolle's Ascension Log Visualizer that it was only accounting for one turn spent at Dungeon Fist, rather than 5 turns, when the log is visualized in chart form. I would assume this would be the same with any of the 5-turn games. I'm not sure if this would skew end result turn count analysis or not. It may not be anything more than a cosmetic oddity.
That sounds like a bug in the log visualizer. Looking at your log:

[488] Dungeon Fist!
[493] Fantasy Airship
That is exactly correct, right?

At turn #488, you entered Dungeon Fist.
At turn #493 (5 turns later) you go to the Fantasy Airship.

KoLmafia NEVER logs how many turns such-and-such an action takes. It ALWAYS logs the turn at which you began an action.
So, in the Sea without Fishy, the turn counts (correctly) go up by 2 for every adventure you spend there.

Also of note is that when the tickets are acquired this way, mafia's inventory needs to be manually refreshed to recognize the acquisition if one wants to redeem things from the item manager at that point.
Umm, what? When I see

You acquire Game Grid ticket (30)
are you saying that your inventory does NOT show an extra Game Grid tickets? And "redeeming from the item manager"...do you mean the coinmasters?

This is completely at odds with my experience, in which tickets obtained this way show up immediately in the Inventory in the item manager, can be redeemed immediately in the coinmasters, and can be traded for coffee pixie sticks immediately in the Spleen section of the item manager.

Can you please give me a step-by-step way to reproduce what you are seeing, reporting exactly what you expect at each stage that is not correctly showing up?

Thanks.

Also also of note, when a game grid token is pulled from Hagnks, assuming no other tokens/tickets on hand, when this script is run, it balks because it doesn't realize I have access to the Arcade. I have to see the arcade in the relay browser first it seems.
Yeah, this would be a bug in the script. This is KoL itself not showing you the arcade until you visit the Wrong Side of the Tracks. I suspect that a simple visit_url to there in the script at the top would fix this.

Spiny

That sounds like a bug in the log visualizer. Looking at your log:

That is exactly correct, right?

At turn #488, you entered Dungeon Fist.
At turn #493 (5 turns later) you go to the Fantasy Airship.

KoLmafia NEVER logs how many turns such-and-such an action takes. It ALWAYS logs the turn at which you began an action.
So, in the Sea without Fishy, the turn counts (correctly) go up by 2 for every adventure you spend there.

I mentioned it in a post for Flolle at the AFH forums before I saw your response.

Umm, what? When I see

are you saying that your inventory does NOT show an extra Game Grid tickets? And "redeeming from the item manager"...do you mean the coinmasters?

This is completely at odds with my experience, in which tickets obtained this way show up immediately in the Inventory in the item manager, can be redeemed immediately in the coinmasters, and can be traded for coffee pixie sticks immediately in the Spleen section of the item manager.

Can you please give me a step-by-step way to reproduce what you are seeing, reporting exactly what you expect at each stage that is not correctly showing up?

Thanks.

0 tickets on hand. Run the script. Open item manager, select spleen, no coffee pixie sticks are shown with buy from npcs enabled. inv game grid ticket does show 30 tickets on hand. Refresh inventory, coffee pixie sticks are an option for spleen in the item manager now. I have not used mafia's coinmasters utility. Perhaps that is the missing link between what I'm doing and what you're doing.

Yeah, this would be a bug in the script. This is KoL itself not showing you the arcade until you visit the Wrong Side of the Tracks. I suspect that a simple visit_url to there in the script at the top would fix this.

Ok. Sounds logical.

slyz

Developer
The log visualizer has no idea what happened during turns 489-492.
It also doesn't have any idea of what happens when you go on a shore trip. There are so few places where you spend more than one turn to adventure that I guess the best way would be to hard code them in the Visualizer. (no-one adventures in the sea during an ascension, right?)

0 tickets on hand. Run the script. Open item manager, select spleen, no coffee pixie sticks are shown with buy from npcs enabled. inv game grid ticket does show 30 tickets on hand. Refresh inventory, coffee pixie sticks are an option for spleen in the item manager now.
So the bug is that the spleen manager doesn't refresh, not that Mafia doesn't recognize the tickets?

Spiny

It also doesn't have any idea of what happens when you go on a shore trip. There are so few places where you spend more than one turn to adventure that I guess the best way would be to hard code them in the Visualizer. (no-one adventures in the sea during an ascension, right?)

I haven't used the visualizer all that often. I'm doing this particular run as an experiment so I chose to visualize it. I, yep, I assumed the visualizer/mafia would work hand-in-hand to get those sorts of things logged properly :)

So the bug is that the spleen manager doesn't refresh, not that Mafia doesn't recognize the tickets?

It appears that is the case, yes. I had previously thought that mafia didn't recognize having the tickets because I didn't see the obtainable spleen items in the item manager til after a refresh of inventory. I did however, when I posted the above post, note that mafia does know I got the tickets after the Dungeon Fist! script. It just doesn't show the unpurchased spleen as options til after the inventory refresh. I wouldn't expect them to be there without buy from npcs enabled, but with that option enabled, I'd expect them to be there so long as I have sufficient tickets.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
There is nothing to do regarding the Not A Bug referenced in the title of the thread; the logged turn numbers are correct, and it is up to the read of the session log - the log visualizer, in this case - to understand that the 5 turns passing were in the arcade game.

Revision 8552 refreshes the usables list when you obtain Game Grid tickets. Previously, it only did that when you obtained an item that was an ingredient in a valid concoction.

I also made it sort the concoction list when it refreshes it, so the food/booze/spleen lists should always be in correct order, now.