Feature - Implemented now that we have combat macros, could you please change the adding machine behaviour?

it can be replicated with a combat macro, or smartstasis.ash. here's an example. I don't know if it works.

similarly, could you change the automatic behaviour when mafia logs on in the middle of a combat to be the same as a choice adventure? in a choice adventure, (I assume) it throws everything and opens the relay browser to the choice adventure when it finishes loading. then you can either refresh inventory and hope for the best or restart. would this be a problem for automated farming?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Why should we REQUIRE people to use a combat macro or a consult script?

Regarding changing behavior when logging in to a combat (or choice...) to pop up the mini browser, that's been requested multiple times - especially for people who log into "In the Cage" - but it's a big project. I still have it on my personal "to do" list, but it's far from trivial. Switching over to the Relay Browser in the middle of login - and then completing login when you finish the fight or choice - is a whole other can of worms, and I don't see it happening, ever.

how about make creating a 64735 scroll the first priority when one hasn't been created yet? would that be ok?

well, you have to use something if you want it to be automated. right now, you have to set a choice adventure and use goals (or do it manually). besides manually, I think an included ccs would be simpler than the current way. the problem is it's not visible - if you don't check the choiceadv tab for the area, you'll never know that it's going to do that. it doesn't tell you

Fluxxdog

Not quite true, but the only way it can is by checking the quest log each and every time and keeping track of the results of each and every quest. Further more, it would have to check 2 pages each time, both current and completed. I've been looking over the information for building a script to test if a location is available and it would require for the vast majority of them constant access to the quest log since a number of the items you get as rewards are either consumable (such as the Typical Tavern swill) or destroyable (either by selling or pulverizing, such as the badass belt. It's not a quest item.)

Other than that, it would require programming in mafia to monitor your playing to see not if but WHEN you hit certain benchmarks, such as using the Friar items to close the gate, and then there'd be the problem of if you play outside of mafia, which would then require reading the quest log anyway to make sure information was up to date.

In other words, that's a whole heck of a lot of coding unless mafia can run a script as you adventure without locking out control.

slyz

Developer
In other words, Mafia doesn't know if the quest has been done. I'm rooting for Mafia to track the completion of all the quests though, without hitting the quest log.

In other words, that's a whole heck of a lot of coding unless mafia can run a script as you adventure without locking out control.
Well, you don't have to use adventure(), you could use visit_url() and whip up your own version of Alhifar's run_adv(). Or you can use consult scripts. But it sounds like too much trouble either way.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Mafia doesn't know if the quest has been done.

If you have a dictionary, it hasn't been done. So basically a check for
PHP:
item_amount($item[dictionary])==1 && item_amount($item[64735 scroll])==0

Yay for server-hit-less solutions!

Bale

Minion
In other words, Mafia doesn't know if the quest has been done. I'm rooting for Mafia to track the completion of all the quests though, without hitting the quest log.

Well, it would need to hit the quest log at the beginning of every session, but that would be a useful feature albeit involved.

If you have a dictionary, it hasn't been done.

If you don't have the dictionary, it might mean you haven't bought it yet. It's also possible to have the dictionary for some time before doing it. Bad solution.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
If you don't have the dictionary, it might mean you haven't bought it yet.
If you haven't bought it yet, you can't be in the chasm. Heeheehee's solution is nice.

Well, it would need to hit the quest log at the beginning of every session
Mafia doesn't hit the quest log when you do battlefield sidequests for example: I think this sort of tracking would be far better than hitting every user's quest log at the start of each session.

In the case of council quests, the status of quests done outside of Mafia could be updated when the user visits the council. Same goes for guild quests.

What could we do to help the devs if implementing this sort of thing was considered? A list of quests and conditions?

Bale

Minion
If you haven't bought it yet, you can't be in the chasm.

Oh right! I forgot we were talking about adding machine logic! It's a good solution.

I think this sort of tracking would be far better than hitting every user's quest log at the start of each session.
Unless you hit the quest log at the beginning of the session you cannot account for what the player might have done outside of mafia.