Bug - Fixed Auto-shrugging excessd AT buffs

VinnyB

Is there a way to prevent mafia from auto-shrugging excess Accordion Thief songs? (picked up via hookah, for example) This only seems to happen when auto-adventuring.

Spiny

If you're max on songs, you're max, can't keep extraneous songs either way. Not sure I understand what you're hoping to accomplish? If you want to keep a prospective AT song provided by the hookah, you need to ensure that you have a song slot available for it.

If you're max on songs, you're max, can't keep extraneous songs either way. Not sure I understand what you're hoping to accomplish? If you want to keep a prospective AT song provided by the hookah, you need to ensure that you have a song slot available for it.

The hookah will happily give you 15 AT songs, don't need an open slot.

slyz

Developer
Is it because you have an AT song in your mood maybe? Not that I'm offering a solution, I just want to help pinpoint the problem.

Spiny

The hookah will happily give you 15 AT songs, don't need an open slot.

You're saying the OP's bug report is valid and you can keep the AT songs offered by the hookah even if your song slots are filled up? I'd always assumed that if your songs were full, there's no place for the hookah provided songs to reside and so they get shrugged. I never even questioned it.

Edit: I did just read the following in the notes on the hoookah's wiki page:

This item can bring you above the 3 AT buff limit. If you are above the buff limit and unequip your Hat, Pants, or Accessories, the extra buffs are removed just as if you removed an equipment that granted extra songs.

So I learned something new today.

Last edited:

VinnyB

Is it because you have an AT song in your mood maybe? Not that I'm offering a solution, I just want to help pinpoint the problem.
In the Mood Setup tab, I've added a bunch of abort and uneffect triggers for the hookah's various effects. Is that what you're referring to? The only trigger involving an AT song is an abort if I get Inigo's; after that the closest thing are uneffect triggers for some of the Sauceror buffs.

But I've never clicked the relay browser's mood button (the one with the highly informative "I'm feeling moody" :p ), so I may be completely misunderstanding.

StDoodle

Minion
If you have an AT song listed in your mood that you don't currently have active, auto-adventuring will shrug any AT songs not in your mood until you are far enough below the AT song limit to have mafia buff you with songs in your mood. What happens if the hookah buffs you with more songs than your normal limit, but you were below your limit to begin with, and then you try to cast another song? Say you had 2 active, got hookah AT buffs to bring you to 4, then tried to cast another AT buff? If you can't do this in KoL, then mafia shrugging buffs to maintain your mood would be the behavior I'd expect.

VinnyB

If you have an AT song listed in your mood that you don't currently have active, auto-adventuring will shrug any AT songs not in your mood until you are far enough below the AT song limit to have mafia buff you with songs in your mood.
You're talking about "When an effect is lost, cast it again" triggers, right? I don't have any of those. Maybe it'd be easiest if I just listed them:
Code:
Always, stickers unicorn, unicorn, unicorn
When I get Biologically Shocked, uneffect Biologically Shocked
When I get Curse of the Black Pearl Onion, uneffect Curse of the Black Pearl Onion
When I get Drenched With Filth, uneffect Drenched With Filth
When I get El Tango de la Maldita Suegra, abort
When I get Fishy, abort
When I get Haiku State of Mind, uneffect Haiku State of Mind
When I get Inigo's Incantation of Inspiration, abort
When I get Inky Camouflage, abort
When I get It's Electric!, uneffect It's Electric!
When I get Jabañero Saucesphere, uneffect Jabañero Saucesphere
When I get Jalapeño Saucesphere, uneffect Jalapeño Saucesphere
When I get Salty Mouth, abort
When I get Scarysauce, uneffect Scarysauce
When I get Smokin', uneffect Smokin'
When I get Stuck-Up Hair, uneffect Stuck-Up Hair
I have Madrigal permed, but I haven't touched that in ages... (been in aftercore a while)

Spiny

Just to state, I generally always adventure with maxxed AT buffs and I don't have any AT songs in my mood, any AT buffs I receive from the hookah that exceed my max AT buffs get shrugged at the end of combat. This is why I thought it was normal behaviour and never questioned it. This thread was the first inkling I have heard that stated one could essentially run more than max AT buffs thanks to the hookah, if I understood RT's post correctly and the comment I pasted above from the wiki.

Edit: I've been looking out for this since this thread started. Today I got an AT buff from the Hookah on my sauceror who had 3 songs running already and nothing to allow 4 songs. I AM running a mood but it doesn't contain any AT buffs. The 4th song indeed did stay on me for the full duration without getting shrugged. I still have to notice this with my AT though.

Last edited:

Spiny

I don't think this is a bug (anymore?). On my AT, who has an apathetic mood, I was running 3 AT songs with no gear equipped to allow more. Hookah produced a 4th song which stayed for all 6 turns. I suppose it's still possible if an AT song was in a mood that things may go awry, but it's been a long time since I've run an AT song in a mood, so I can't really say.

VinnyB

Spiny: Were you adventuring manually? Because there's no shrugging there for me either. It's only when I set a goal, hit "begin", and sit back and watch the CLI that I get this problem. And it's still there; I just had it happen to me again. :-/

If the folks in charge don't want to change it, or if it's there for a reason, or if they're swamped with work right now, that's fine--any word would be appreciated.

Spiny

My prior post was while auto-adventuring. Granted, I don't generally set a goal as I'm usually meat farming. I suppose I can try to set a goal and hope for an AT buff to occur in that time frame to see if having a goal influences a shrug of hookah provided AT buff or not. I can try to put some effort toward this tomorrow perhaps, but no guarantees that an AT buff will appear. I'm not sure how we'd capture it without running a debug log the entire time, which I'm not really inclined to do.

jasonharper

Developer
r8534 should fix this - it will only shrug AT buffs if you actually need to cast a new one; it won't do so merely because you're over the song limit already. Not tested.