Preference meatDropSpading

Spiny

I started playing around with stuff while having the preference meatDropSpading set to true. On a couple of occasions, I've seen the alert fire off. When I look at the meat that has dropped from the monster, it is clearly within expected range for the monster in question (with the various buffs and such that I'm running). Under what circumstance should an alert firing off be noted?

Edit: I think, in this case, the alert is firing off due to macrofied disco combos. Because they are macro'd, mafia isn't getting a chance to adjust the modifiers for them during combat. This is just a guess though.

Edit edit: It'll also fire off, I think, while the stinky cheese eye isn't maxxed out yet.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
It isn't about the meat being "within expected range". Only specific values within that range are possible. For example, with a base meat drop of 4-6 and a meat bonus of +200%, the only possible values of meat drop by the monser would be 12, 15 and 18. Even though mafia would report the expected range as 12-18, if a value of 16 appears, then we know that the current meat bonus is not 200%.

jasonharper

Developer
What Bale said; it's amazing just how much easier it is to spade meat drops than anything else. However, it does seem that there's a problem with effects obtained during the combat (I see it mainly when the hookah coughs up a +Meat effect), and it's on my list of things to look into.

Bale

Minion
It was a huge step forward in the annals of meat drop spading when it was realized that meat drops are quantized. The bonus is applied after the game rolls to see how much meat you get, not before.