Bug - Fixed Clicking Relay on login screen causes KoLmafia to quit without logging out properly

Only tested on Mac OS X 10.6.3, using r8486 daily build. What happens is this:
1. Fill in login details
2. Click relay instead of login
3. KoLmafia parses session data as it usually does, but never starts the relay browser, and just quits instead, leaving the current session in an undefined state.

Winterbay

Nope. BEcasue that button does in fact only hide the main windows and nothing else. I brought it up some time ago. I don't think anything came out of it though, but for the fact that I no longer use said button :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The easy responce is "don't do that!"

I can envision what the original concept was for this button, but I don't think it has worked properly for years, if ever.
I'll hide the button, by and by, and maybe we will re-implement it correctly, eventually.

Winterbay

If you could make it do what I feel it indicates that it should do it would be great, i.e. log in and then automatically open up the relay browser. That would be great for those times you know that you want to play the game in the browser all the time but do not want to click the relay button yourself.

Winterbay

Well, you do have to click the option in the first place, so it wouldn't actually reduce the number of clicks :D

True, but it would save me the trouble of having to find the button after the program has finished loading :)
OTOH, I generally click the "login" button anyway so it would actually save me one click then...

Bale

Minion
I'm bumping this bug after nearly a year since the last post.

The "relay" button still behaves badly and since it is one of the first things that a brand new user ever sees, it should do something useful. We're kinda leading with the wrong foot here.

Please at least remove the button.

Bale

Minion
Thanks.

It is really weird that broken button was allowed to linger for so long. I guess it is because it mostly only bedevils first time users who haven't learned to ignore it yet. Meanwhile we can go for months at a time without even noticing it exists, so we just aren't troubled by it.

roippi

Developer
A guy goes to the doctor and says "Hey, Doc. It hurts when I do this."

I've always wondered what the deal was with that button. :p