Adventure Advisor

Winterbay

Is there any way to get the Hobo muggers into the Hobopolis townsquare? They seem to be very much harder than most other things in Hobopolis...

Bale

Minion
I could I guess, but I can't think of any easy way to present that. There's no way that a mugger will pop up while you're just adventuring there so it would be misleading to allow them to change the safe moxie for the location, but I cannot put them in the boss position since that slot is already occupied by Hodgman.

xKiv

Do you have any plans to filter out unadventurable zones? (not unlocked, low stats, low level, wrong moonsign, ...)

Bale

Minion
I'm very happy you like it, fronobulax.

Do you have any plans to filter out unadventurable zones? (not unlocked, low stats, low level, wrong moonsign, ...)

It already removes all zones that are flatly impossible, such as wrong moon sign or lack of access to June familiar drops. (If you've got mall access, can pull absinthe from hangks or own a pixie it will show wormwood, otherwise it removes the zone.) Since you cannot reach those, ever, during that ascension I removed them. It figures out which of the 6 volcano island zones you'll encounter on the nemesis quest. (Fairly marginal, but it also recognizes which of the 3 sea zones is quest-relevant for your class.)

I have no plans to filer out zones which are locked or high level since those are relevant to planning ahead. That's important information.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I believe the Goblin King is not listed as a Boss. Or, if bosses who have already been defeated are hidden then the script didn't recognize the Baron bit the dust.

Also, I have been looking for specific entries and realized that my search technique would have been to sort the various columns. If this is easy then it is feature request but if it is not then no big deal. Browsers do have Find commands.

Thanks again. I am finding my frustration with Bad Moon is eased by having a shiny new display to play with.

xKiv

I have no plans to filer out zones which are locked or high level since those are relevant to planning ahead. That's important information.

Butr they are irrelevant for levelling-up, which is also a valid activity.
But maybe I should use a different script for that. What I really wanted was an overview of zones where I can go, sorted approximately by statgains (which are mostly [1] ~~ML, especially at the high end of +ML), then look them over to see if there is anything useful I could do in eighter of them [2].
Somehow marking [5] (or being able to on-demand hide) would go a long way towards saving me ... couple split seconds every few days?
(for the record, I am pretty sure that not all zones open in order of ML, so it's not as simple (for me) as "ignore all zones below XXX")

[1] here mostly = "for most of the zones", as opposed to "for highest statgains"
[2] I do not request this last step to be automated [3]
[3] but I would be very happy if the final report could include expected stat gains, including non-combats [4]; I have a nagging feeling that there is a script that does that already, but all I can find is UpLevel, which "doesn't handle non-combats" and dj_d's LevelUp, which I don't know if it can give me an overview of all zones
[4] that would make this advisor a grand vezier
[5] actually, there might be several levels of marks/filter ...
- you must ascend to go there
- you must level up to go there
- you must do something (acquire an item, complete a quest, ...) to go there
- you must buff up or change outfit to go there
- ???
- profit

slyz

Developer
Or, if bosses who have already been defeated are hidden then the script didn't recognize the Baron bit the dust.

Without a server hit to questlog.php, there's rarely a safe way to check if a quest has been done or not (Mafia only keeps track of the War as far as I remember).

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Without a server hit to questlog.php, there's rarely a safe way to check if a quest has been done or not (Mafia only keeps track of the War as far as I remember).
OK. I wasn't asking for the feature. Since the Baron showed up on the Goblin king didn't after I had defeated them both, it wasn't clear what Bale had intended to happen. I suspect the Boss should be listed in a static fashion in which case the Goblin King being missing is the feature report.

Spiny

Hrmm... interesting observation: The first time I ran it on my HCNP TT today, it was showing absinthe, astral mushroom and other additional content areas that I can't possibly access due to not having the relevant familiars. Furthermore I don't have the area producing items in Hagnks. That said, I visited Hangks to see if the long rollover changed something somehow. Afterwards I ran the script again and it properly filtered out the non-relevant areas.

Edit: And to confrim, I'm not seeing the Boss Bat, the Goblin King Lord, the Bonerdagon, The Man/The Big Wisniewski... listed as bosses according to the script. There may be others.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I believe the Goblin King is not listed as a Boss. Or, if bosses who have already been defeated are hidden then the script didn't recognize the Baron bit the dust.
Goblin King is the only monster in his zone. No point in listing him as a boss. I only list avoidable boss monsters as separate from the rest of their zone's ML.

Edit: And to confrim, I'm not seeing the Boss Bat, the Goblin King Lord, the Bonerdagon, The Man/The Big Wisniewski... listed as bosses according to the script. There may be others.

Once again, all those are either the only monster in the zone or else they're mixed in with the others in a non-avoidable manner so there is no advantage in separating them.

Also, I have been looking for specific entries and realized that my search technique would have been to sort the various columns. If this is easy then it is feature request but if it is not then no big deal. Browsers do have Find commands.

I don't know what you mean by "sort the various columns". Sort by what? Please fill me in on the assumed information.

Butr they are irrelevant for levelling-up, which is also a valid activity.
But maybe I should use a different script for that. What I really wanted was an overview of zones where I can go, sorted approximately by statgains (which are mostly [1] ~~ML, especially at the high end of +ML), then look them over to see if there is anything useful I could do in eighter of them [2].
Somehow marking [5] (or being able to on-demand hide) would go a long way towards saving me ... couple split seconds every few days?

That's a very worthwhile feature. I'll consider adding that in a future update.

Spiny

Goblin King is the only monster in his zone. No point in listing him as a boss. I only list avoidable boss monsters as separate from the rest of their zone's ML.

Once again, all those are either the only monster in the zone or else they're mixed in with the others in a non-avoidable manner so there is no advantage in separating them.

The advantage of sticking the boss name in the relevant column, even if the only mob in its respective area is to at a glance find the boss in question and know if its feasible to attack or wait on it without having to remember the zone or location name. It is natural to scan thru a short list of things, ie the boss column, looking for something specific like The Bonerdagon, rather than scan thru the Location listing looking for... um... what? Oh, Haert of the Cyrpt. I would never think to look for that lol. I honestly thought he resided in the Lair of the Bonerdagon! LOL

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
OK. Just because I don't remember that the bosses are the only monsters in the zone doesn't mean they should be listed. You knew that, but it wasn't information I was using. See this for sortable columns. That is an example of what I was looking for but I just now noticed that you have radio buttons and a refresh option that do the same thing I was asking for. Whoops. Never mind.

Bale

Minion
Version 1.2 Released

Added suggestion about listing boss even when the boss is the only monster in the location.

Specifically, this means: Bonerdagon, Goblin King, Filthworm Queen & Ed. If I missed any, let me know and the mapfile will be updated.

halfvoid

Any plans for including semi-rare drops in this? Would have some nice synergy with CC for those of us who haven't memorized all the semi-rare locations and would save a jump to the wiki.

Bale

Minion
Any plans for including semi-rare drops in this? Would have some nice synergy with CC for those of us who haven't memorized all the semi-rare locations and would save a jump to the wiki.

I have no idea how you want semi-rare drops to be included. Perhaps if you told me what you envision or how you would use this script to help with your semi-rares I might make such plans.

Theraze

For your information, though it's not integrated... but can save it as a text file or something like that...
item [location] semi_rare;
semi_rare[$location[The Purple Light District]] = $item[lewd playing card];
semi_rare[$location[Haunted Billiards Room]] = $item[cube of billiard chalk];
semi_rare[$location[Menagerie 2]] = $item[irradiated pet snacks];
semi_rare[$location[Outskirts of The Knob]] = $item[Knob Goblin lunchbox];
semi_rare[$location[Limerick Dungeon]] = $item[cyclops eyedrops];
semi_rare[$location[Sleazy Back Alley]] = $item[distilled fortified wine];
semi_rare[$location[Haunted Pantry]] = $item[tasty tart];
semi_rare[$location[Harem]] = $item[scented massage oil];
semi_rare[$location[Haunted Kitchen]] = $item[freezerburned ice cube];
semi_rare[$location[Haunted Library]] = $item[black eyedrops];
semi_rare[$location[Goatlet]] = $item[can of spinach];
semi_rare[$location[Ninja Snowmen]] = $item[bottle of antifreeze];
semi_rare[$location[Orc Chasm]] = $item[ASCII shirt];
semi_rare[$location[Battlefield (No Uniform)]] = $item[six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola];
semi_rare[$location[Batrat and Ratbat Burrow]] = $item[Dogsgotnonoz pills];
semi_rare[$location[Giant's Castle]] = $item[Mick's IcyVapoHotness Inhaler];
semi_rare[$location[Guano Junction]] = $item[Eau de Guaneau];
semi_rare[$location[Laboratory]] = $item[bottle of Mystic Shell];
semi_rare[$location[Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary]] = $item[poltergeist-in-the-jar-o];
semi_rare[$location[Post-Cyrpt Cemetary]] = $item[poltergeist-in-the-jar-o];
semi_rare[$location[South of The Border]] = $item[donkey flipbook];
semi_rare[$location[Friars Gate]] = $item[SPF 451 lip balm];
semi_rare[$location[Hidden City]] = $item[shrinking powder];
semi_rare[$location[8-Bit Realm]] = $item[fire flower];
semi_rare[$location[Spooky Forest]] = $item[fake blood];
semi_rare[$location[Whitey's Grove]] = $item[bag of lard];
semi_rare[$location[Hippy Camp]] = $item[teeny-tiny magic scroll];
semi_rare[$location[Frat House]] = $item[bottle of rhinoceros hormones];
semi_rare[$location[Pirate Cove]] = $item[bottle of pirate juice];
semi_rare[$location[Burnbarrel Blvd]] = $item[jar of squeeze];
semi_rare[$location[Exposure Esplanade]] = $item[bowl of fishysoisse];
semi_rare[$location[The Heap]] = $item[concentrated garbage juice];
semi_rare[$location[The Ancient Hobo Burial Ground]] = $item[deadly lampshade];
semi_rare[$location[Chapel]] = $item[pixel stopwatch];
remove semi_rare[last.to_location()];

int[item] semi_rare_multiplier;
semi_rare_multiplier[$item[distilled fortified wine]] = 3;
semi_rare_multiplier[$item[tasty tart]] = 3;
semi_rare_multiplier[$item[scented massage oil]] = 3;

Should be all the semirares. Unless I missed something.

Winterbay

I have no idea how you want semi-rare drops to be included. Perhaps if you told me what you envision or how you would use this script to help with your semi-rares I might make such plans.

I could live with it being indicated somehow if an area have a semi-rare in it and if I can get it (area unlocked?, did I get it last time?). I keep forgetting where my semi-rares are and which I can get at which level.

Bale

Minion
What you're suggesting does not seem to fit this script terribly well. This script doesn't tell you if an area is unlocked and it focuses strongly on quest based areas. I think you what you really want is a different relay script that simply lists all semi-rare areas, tells you what semi-rare you get there and how many you currently have of that semi-rare. It might be nice if a bit of canadv action also indicated if that area was unlocked.

That wouldn't be a tough script to make, but a lot of that doesn't fit into the UI of this script very well.

Should be all the semirares. Unless I missed something.

Thanks. I'll be integrating that full list into my CounterChecker once I get back to it.

Theraze

I'm using them in my version of the counterchecker, including using canadv. Only problem it currently has is that REALLY wants to eat another fortune cookie on the turn where it's getting the semirare, as well as after.