Bug - Won't Fix counter or lag?

yueli7

Is it just me because I have lag or not.. the counters have been weird lately, sometimes the dance card counter is correct, a lot of the time it says 0 turns on the charpane but actually its not the next one but the one after that.. and the last few SR counters have all shown 0 on the cookie counter (i.e. this turn is a SR) but does not give the warning page and lets me adventure in the wrong place anyway. I'm kinda adventuring before the charpane refreshes alot of the time since the internet is slower than dialup.. about 1 page per 5-10 seconds.. but then again the charpane does refresh to show 0 turns on a counter and no warning page is given

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm kinda adventuring before the charpane refreshes alot of the time
Since the counters are based on the passage of turns and the only way we can detect turns passing is by examining the charpane, there is nothing we can do about this other than building in special knowledge of everything you can do that takes turns and deducting them as soon as we see you submit the URL. We are not going to do that.

yueli7

even so, the charpane clearly said cookie (0) and still there was no warning at all, not before or after the counter passed. Not sure how this could happen?

slyz

Developer
If the charpane finishes to load *after* you have already started another turn, Mafia learns about the counter being 0 too late to give the warning I guess.