Feature Regex filter on chat

NardoLoopa

It would be nice to have a regex filter on chat that can be used to kinda /baleet certain messages.

Specifically, I'm thinking of clan-chat relay bots -- so you can baleet people through the bot.

A more extensible chat message => command hook would be nice, but a simple masking of the message would be incredibly useful by itself.

StDoodle

Minion
Couldn't you just build in your regex-fu into whatever you're using for your chatbot script? And if you aren't using one, how exactly would this work? /me is confused...

StDoodle

Minion
Ah, ok, I thought he was speaking as the bot's owner. Hmm. Perhaps a relay override on chat.php? (Dunno how well that'd work...)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that NDY has a bot that relays messages from one of their clans (their Hobo clan?) to another (tautology, I think it was?). Since you can't really baleet just one person who's talking through the bot, you'd want to match the player's username in the text, then block that.

I'm not entirely sure how relay override scripts would work, as they'd pretty much use the same concept as creating a chatbot. And they'd be really weird (i.e. probably not work after the page is loaded).