Modifier Maximizer - what do you frequently use that isn't in the default gui?

Spiny

Bale's recent necro'd bug report regarding maximize hp/mp, etc reminded me that I really just don't understand the whole weighting system used in mod max. I use certain options frequently because someone mentioned they were effective even if they weren't listed in the modifier maximizer gui. I'm hoping for a list of these things that experienced users do in hopes of using this tool more effectively even if I don't really understand the mathematical logic behind them at all.

I use:
2.0 meat, 1.0 item - when olfacting goth giants. I don't understand why the numbers are needed but was told to put them there for efficiency sake.

mp regen max - when i want all my mp regen gear on at once. I don't know if that is what the max represents, but it works for me.

slyz

Developer
The "2.0 meat, 1.0 item" already is in the default list.
Apart from the XX regen max/min, the only commands I use that aren't in the default list are very situational and rarely used at all.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
You can use these as desired. The numbers represent how much you want to weight each parameter. Another thing you might want to take advantage of is the + commands (e.g. "+outfit Hodgman" to force equipping Hodge's outfit). Also, technically, the MP regen one should be ".5 mp regen max, .5 mp regen min" if you want to consider average MP regeneration per turn.

halfvoid

Maybe one to equip the highest power turtle gear in your inventory to give more of an effect to headbutts and shieldbutts for turtle tamers?

Muhandes

2.0 meat, 1.0 item, 6 combat

I do that since my math showed that having +5% combat at the castle is about 30 meat/adv, about what you will get from 30% item.

Last edited:
Prismatic resistance would be super helpful. Ive had to just manually figure that one out on a number of occasions. (I realize it is not in the maximier command either)

slyz

Developer
There's the 'all res', although it only sums resistances to any type of element, instead of scoring +1 when you have 1 resist of each element.