Bug - Not A Bug Modifier syntax error

Winterbay

Since yesterday I seem to get the following error in every fight I enter. Once per round, and once at the end of combat

Code:
[2328] The Jungles of Ancient Loathing
Encounter: jungle baboon
Round     0: winterbay wins initiative!
Modifier syntax error: can't understand     weight*3
Modifier syntax error: can't understand -weight*3
Monster     value: 0
Round 1: winterbay summons Bexbux the Spice Ghost!
Modifier     syntax error: can't understand weight*3
Modifier syntax error: can't     understand -weight*3
Monster value: 0
Round     2: winterbay attacks!
You lose 9 Mana Points
You acquire an item:     glass of baboon milk
You gain 7 Strengthliness
You gain 8     Mysteriousness
You gain 2 Smarm
Modifier syntax error: can't     understand weight*3
Modifier syntax error: can't understand -weight*3

It does not appear to be connected to the familar or its equipment because changing those around still gives the same error.

Any ideas?

Spiny

Recently JH did a fix to account for BM familiar weight debuffs that were not properly being calculated. Perhaps this is an inadvertent biproduct of that fix. Do you have any buffs/debuffs affecting familiar weight?

Edit: Or perhaps more likely... it's what JH said below :)

Last edited:

Winterbay

Sometimes I use SmartStasis as a consult script, however in this case I just clicked "summon ghost" and "attack" in the actionbar within the relay browser so no script should've been involved at all. The only thing set to use scripts that isn't standard mafia is Bale's UR which I feel should not fire under this circumstance.

Edit: Autoadventuring does not give this problem. It only turns up when I use the relay browser and either chose my own actions or click the "again" button to make mafia use my CCS (the same CCS as went well automagically). In the latter case it only shows up when I first encounter the monster and not at the end of combat or during the execution of the generated macro, but with the first one it shows up at every line in the CLI.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Zarqon's fight.ash perhaps? "Monster value: 0" is the kind of thing it would print in the gCLI.

Winterbay

Zarqon's fight.ash perhaps? "Monster value: 0" is the kind of thing it would print in the gCLI.

Hmm... Yes, I think that one is there. I never thought of that one printing things to the CLI. I'll have to look into that.

ETA: Yep, that's the one. I'll go complain in the right thread instead :) This is definitely "not a bug".

Last edited: