Feature - Rejected Executing preference for a choice adventure upon log in

I just logged in with an account I was using for cage bait, and in order to execute my breakfast and login script (or try to, rather, since it already had when I logged in earlier today) it gnawed through the bars of the CHUM cage in a hamster run. At least I think that's what happened, I don't think it would have gnawed when I logged out earlier since I don't have a log out script set. Mafia's preference was set to gnaw automatically rather than pop the choice up in the mini browser, which I believe explains why it did this. I can see how executing the preference for a choice adventure upon login would be desirable most of the time in order to proceed with login scripts and breakfast, but perhaps could an exception be made for this? If this is too much trouble for something too obscure, alternatively how could I check that my preference is to pop up the choice instead of gnawing when I log in?

Edit: I just got confirmation from someone listening to /c Hobopolis that this happened when I logged in, and not when I logged out earlier.

Sorry for the weird issue >_>

Last edited:

Grotfang

Developer
alternatively how could I check that my preference is to pop up the choice instead of gnawing when I log in?

Go to settings, then open up the relevant character's settings. Look for the line that says:

Code:
choiceAdventure211=x

Change x to 0. You may need to add this line.

If you might already have been trapped, then you would also want to add the choiceAdventure212:

Code:
choiceAdventure212=0

Since changing login handling would be frustrating for those of us how, now and again, use our characters for cagebait (I am doing this right now, for example), popping up a mini browser whatever the setting would be very bad behaviour. Since the capacity is present to change settings while offline, the behaviour should probably stand.

Last edited: