Bug - Fixed Unusable items in Modifier Maximizer

Aankhen

I rely on the Modifier Maximizer quite a lot to figure things out, and I find it extremely useful in pretty much every situation. There’s one thing that bugs me though: it seems like it always displays a few things that either aren’t available to me or aren’t usable in HC. The three cases where I can confirm this are:
  1. vial of slime
  2. box of sunshine
  3. pirate brochure/tract/pamphlet
I’ve attached a screenshot. Just FYI, this is with r8456; I am a DB in HC so no vials of slime; I have three boxes of sunshine in my inventory; and Barrrtleby's is selling pirate tracts.

unusable items.png

This is hardly a critical bug. I don’t know how the Modifier Maximizer chooses eligible items, so maybe it’s not even possible to disqualify these things. Still, if it is possible, it’d be nice to have it fixed. :)

Muhandes

Just adding my voice that this would indeed be nice to see fixed. At some points (low level HC) the vials are almost the only thing there, and unobtainable as a whole.

slyz

Developer
I think fixing this would require a lot of hardcoding stuff in. Not a pleasant prospect.

As long as the thread is here though, I just wanted to add that the buffs with daily limits on them (VIP pool buffs, legendary beat etc...) also always appear in the Maximizer, even when the limit has been reached.

Last edited:

jasonharper

Developer
r8457 partially fixes the issue with slime vials. The problem there is that the item names being used don't actually exist until the corresponding vial has been identified, so the Maximizer had no idea of what item it should be checking for availability. It now hides such items by default.

It should already be hiding the two unavailable pirate items in HC/Ronin, IF mafia has actually seen the inside of Barrrtleby's to know which one is actually available this ascension. Aankhen, did you perhaps discover that pirate tracts are available in a non-mafia session? If you're sure that mafia has seen the store inventory, and it's still listing all three items as possibilities, I'd like to see the output from the following CLI commands:
my_ascensions
get lastPirateEphemeraReset
get lastPirateEphemera

Aankhen

r8457 partially fixes the issue with slime vials. The problem there is that the item names being used don't actually exist until the corresponding vial has been identified, so the Maximizer had no idea of what item it should be checking for availability. It now hides such items by default.
Ah, that makes sense. I just checked and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for the quick fix!
It should already be hiding the two unavailable pirate items in HC/Ronin, IF mafia has actually seen the inside of Barrrtleby's to know which one is actually available this ascension. Aankhen, did you perhaps discover that pirate tracts are available in a non-mafia session?
No, it was within a Mafia session, after noticing that it listed the brochure as an option for HP, but I think I probably didn’t hit “update” again after finding out; when I try it now the Maximizer correctly ignores the unavailable items. I assumed Mafia would hide all of them until and unless it found that they were available. My mistake there.

The only thing showing up which shouldn’t be there is the box of sunshine, and I can live with that (I’ll complain some more if I can’t :p). Thanks again.