Autoadventuring and Combat Macros

Darzil

Developer
Since KOL gained it's advanced combat macros, I've been using them.

Is there any way to use them with Autoadventuring, other than learning the syntax of ash scripting and rewriting my combat macros to suit?

At present I'm going from level 21 to level 30, and want to pick up items/meat etc whilst doing it, as I'm poor. So that's a lot of boring turns. Previously, if I was burning lots of turns, I'd have used Mafia with the defaults, but wanting to use various disco combos, and use them efficiently, I'm finding it easier to use basic kol, clicking once per adventure.

What I'd love is an Action : [Macro Name], or setting up a Custom Combat Script to so 1: macro [Macro Name].

Is this possible, tricky or impossible?

StDoodle

Minion
As you list it, it isn't currently possible. However, mafia will automatically turn your CCS into a macro if there are no lines that prevent it from doing so, and will use said macrofication while auto-adventuring (or using one of various "script" buttons). There isn't much that isn't parsed into a macro as of now; I can't think of anything beyond referencing a consult script from your CCS that will prevent macrofication.

Darzil

Developer
At the moment I think my macro does: (with a bit less code than this, but I hate writing gotos here)
Can I pickpocket, if so, do so.
If that succeeds, do +item rave combo, then plink.
If that fails, pickpocket again.
If that succeeds, do +item rave combo, then plink.
If that fails, do rave steal combo, then +item rave combo, then plink.

I guess the main thing is I'm not wanting to do rave steal unless necessary. I could just do a CCS that was pickpocket, pickpocket (though last time I tried you only got one), rave steal, +item rave, plink. Would be less effective, but could autoadventure.

I guess I should add a Feature request. My gut tells me it should be a lot easier than CCS macrofication, but my gut has been wrong before !

Thanks for the very prompt response.

And on the plus side, with recent builds I can at least use relay browser rather than having to abandon kolmafia entirely !

Winterbay

I think that if you use the same script at all time you can set it as the autoattack and Mafia will use that when adventuring.

StDoodle

Minion
I know that originally support for that level of macro use was waiting on KoL itself to get "out of beta" so to speak. I would be curious to know what roadblocks are still in the way of having at least a "macro [existing macro]" line usable in a CCS, though I suspect it may simply be a free-time issue (very understandable).

Darzil

Developer
Oh yes, very understandable indeed.

Would love to see a "macro [existing macro]" in a CCS. Being able to blend the power of both kol macros and kolmafia functionality would be nice. I'm sure many who have been around a while are happy enough with ash scripts that they'd not benefit that much, but it'd be good for us newbies.

Winterbay

I think that the problem with that one is that the fight-script so far does not support any "call"-commands or similar so that there is in fact no way for mafia to actually call a macro that has been saved.

I may be wrong though :)

Bale

Minion
Jason anticipates that CDM will implement a command for one macro to call another macro. He's holding off implementation of this until CDM implements that in order to prevent future incompatibilities.

Darzil

Developer
Thanks for the update, Jasonharper ! (r8452)

This CCS now works, and lets me autoadventure as I was if I had it as a default action in KOL, only able to take advantage of mafia cleverness. (Clearly you'd need to change the combos to what yours are)

[ default ]
try to steal an item
if match "deftly"
goto continue
endif
"pickpocket"
if match "deftly"
goto continue
endif
skill run like the wind
skill pop and lock it
skill break it on down
mark continue
skill pop and lock it
skill break it on down
skill run like the wind
skill break it on down
skill pop and lock it
skill run like the wind
attack with weapon

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Just realised Rave Combos can be used, so replaced that script with this one, though I can't test til tomorrow :
[ default ]
try to steal an item
if match "deftly"
goto continue
endif
"pickpocket"
if match "deftly"
goto continue
endif
combo rave steal
mark continue
combo rave concentration