Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Display survivability data on monsters

I don't see much logic in displaying this during a fight, where the information comes too late to be really useful.
    Hit chance may be high for some monsters in a zone but low for others (e.g. alphabet giant has higher ML). with such monsters one may need to use combat items/spells/shieldbutt etc.

Btw I had this feature as a thread a while back, Bale said it was useful in fact. I do not see it as clutter, it is at most times essential information, and does much more than the current attack/defence info.

The main reason I would like to have hit chance in a fight is when I'm playing as a moxie class (which I usually don't because plinking is boooooooring) and use delevelling skills to be able to hit the monster I won't to know when I've lowered the level enough to actually hit it with my weapon instead of with my skills.

Hit chance may be high for some monsters in a zone but low for others (e.g. alphabet giant has higher ML). with such monsters one may need to use combat items/spells/shieldbutt etc.

Btw I had this feature as a thread a while back, Bale said it was useful in fact. I do not see it as clutter, it is at most times essential information, and does much more than the current attack/defence info.
    Originally Posted by yueli7 View Post
    I still agree that it is nice to know current deleveling reduces hit chance, but since monster atk and def are displayed, I can always figure it out for myself without too much trouble.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

I still agree that it is nice to know current deleveling reduces hit chance, but since monster atk and def are displayed, I can always figure it out for myself without too much trouble.
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    I dont even know what those stats mean ><"

IIRC monster defence is roughly equal to your moxie and the attack is roughly equal to your muscle, meaning that if you have a higher moxie than the monster has attack you won't be hit very often and vice versa.

The game compares your to-hit stat (which in most cases is moxie for ranged attacks, muscle otherwise) to the monster's defense stat. If even, you have a 50% chance to hit, with a positive-for-you difference meaning increased to-hit chance, up to +10 at which point a hit is guaranteed (ignoring criticals & fumbles). The monster's attack is compared to your defense stat, which in most cases is moxie, with the notable exception of hero + shield being muscle, and the same formula is applied. Of course, there are a good chunk of exceptions, not least of which is spells being a completely different set of formulas.
    Last edited by StDoodle; 04-29-2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: omg teh apostropheeez

This is something BatMan: the Relay Script will display if mafia doesn't. I have found it very handy -- and beyond handy, it's just cool to observe your deleveling's effectiveness.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: One-Click Wossname | Om******t (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mer********d (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

I'm going to bump this because with Batman RE and Monster Manual, what isn't OBE has been implemented. The first person with Mod access who agrees with me can mark the Tag appropriately, or I will revisit and do so in a day or so.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards

Sounds reasonable to me.