Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Display survivability data on monsters

Default Display survivability data on monsters

Couldn't find this obvious suggestion elsewhere, I hope I didn't just overlook it.

When a monster is encountered one can see its attack and defense. It would be very nice if this was accompanied with chance to hit, chance to evade, e.g. Attack: 45 (80% evade) Defense 44 (50% hit).

Edit: This data already appears on the Location Details panel. But it requires quite a lot of scrolling to find the specific monster. I am asking for it to be put on the RB.
    Last edited by Muhandes; 04-26-2010 at 08:30 AM.

In the Location Details (drop down menu on the lower-left of the adventuring pane) you can find this information. I suppose it might be nice in the RB, but I personally think it might be clutter there... hard call.

I think this is what is referenced when looking at the Location Details panel for a given zone. It seems to show a Hit % and an Evade % for each monster in the zone.

Edit: Ninja'd. I might say that I never look at the Location Details panel and would prefer to have all such relevant details in the relay browser so that I might be more consiously aware when I'm about to commit suicide against a monster while in run lol

Yes I know. You can see I suggested a format very similar to what can be found on the Location Details panel. My suggestion was indeed that rather than scrolling to find a foe, I'd like to see it the information on the RB.

I would usually consider it clutter because in SC I'm running enough +ML that my chance to hit is 0% and my chance of being hit is 100%. Except I hit every time with shieldbutt, unless I'm using vcrisis, and I don't get hit thanks to noodles + smust. And then I switch to aftercore where I have a 100% chance of hitting everything I fight and a 0% chance of being hit.

Developer

I don't see much logic in displaying this during a fight, where the information comes too late to be really useful.

Maybe it could appear when you hover the mouse over a link that leads to a given location? * la 'Equip' information? Even this would be much work for little benefit since that information is already available in the Mafia window.

I don't see much logic in displaying this during a fight, where the information comes too late to be really useful.
    Originally Posted by slyz View Post
    You know, you have a point. I hadn't considered that aspect. I still keep wishing one could change gear mid-fight, but that wouldn't make much sense, would it? lol

Fun* fact: relay browser shows only base drop chances (without +items and pp factored in), location details show (only?) final drop chances (with ... factored in).
    Also, RB doesn't show meat drops.
    (all IIRC)

Originally Posted by slyz View Post
    We must be playing this game very differently.
    I fight in many areas which are marginally survivable. On each encounter I need to decide, do I attack? plink? Use combat spells? I base all that on what the chances are against the CURRENT foe.
    Also, a foe uses poison, tetanus, whatever against me. Do I attack? spell? All is based on foe defense vs. my CURRENT mox/mus.

In all these cases the information is very useful for me, or I wouldn't have suggested it. I do understand that not all play the game the same way.

Developer

I sort of do it the other way around and decide my combat tactic before the fight: if I want to plink (for stasising) for example, I max my moxie and/or lower my +ML until I can survive, then go in. Generally, I'm just noodlebutting because of the high ML though.

I think I'm now used to the wiki's Safe Adventuring page though, so that's what I rely on to decide what to buff/equip before adventuring in a zone.