buffbot troubles

moooo566

sorry if this is the wrong place to post, couldnt find anywhere else. i am trying to run a buffbot, but am running into trouble.
i have input the buffs i am trying to cast, but i cant actually make it cast them automatically. whne i press start buffbot, it just says it has processed the messages, then that it has no mp restorers, then that it has stopped. my last message recieved was a 100 meat from a multi. the buff i have set this to is 1 cast of jalapeno saucesphere. it neither casts the buff, uses any MP restores or anything else.
i am probably being stupid, but i cant work out how to make it just cast a buff upon recieving 100 meat. help please!

slyz

Developer
Buy some restorers? You can setup MP restoring in the Adventure tab, check the Mafia guide to know how.

You can also use Bale's awesome Universal Recovery script to use the cheapest restores.

If you run into more errors, can you copy/paste the output in the gCLI?

EDIT: if you want Mafia to automatically buy restorers, you might want to check the Buy items from the mall whenever needed option in Preferences -> General.

Last edited:

moooo566

changed my MP restores, cleaered my message ox and its now working. thanks

EDIT: every buff i add to my buff list is once per day. how can i change this?

Last edited:

moooo566

ok, its really starting to annoy me... some people want to get the buffs several times, but i cant set it for more than once a day... help!

moooo566

when i do that, does it make all my buffs more than once a day, because i want one as a once a day nice gift for people, but the rest i want to be as often as they are willing to pay

jasonharper

Developer
Buffs are considered philanthropic or not based on their cost, relative to the cost of restoring the MP to cast them using MMJ. You are apparently pricing them a bit too low to be sustainable - you'll either need to increase the price, or level up the buffbot so that MMJ is more effective.

moooo566

im not particularly looking for sustainability at the moment. what i need is to have some buffs that are once a day and some that are not... i will be pricing the others higher to help recover some of the cost, but the vast amount is paid for by my mall dealings, occasional adventuring fr money and donations...