Put items in clanstash aborted on a 0?

Winterbay

I decided today that I should put things into the clan stash that I have loads of, but some of them I would rather keep to myself (such as BRICKO bricks). I am not sure which I want to keep myself before hand, mainly because I have way too many items.

I thus searched out all items I had over a certain amount of and told mafia to put them into the stash and entered a good numebr for each. When I got to teh BRICKOs I entered 0 since I wanted to keep them all. Unfortunately this seems to have lead to mafia aborting the transfer of all items which was not what i wanted.

Is there any way to change this behaviour already or is there a reason for it to be like this that I have not thought of?

slyz

Developer
I thus searched out all items I had over a certain amount of and told mafia to put them into the stash and entered a good numebr for each. When I got to teh BRICKOs I entered 0 since I wanted to keep them all. Unfortunately this seems to have lead to mafia aborting the transfer of all items which was not what i wanted.

You did this in ASH? Could you post the script maybe?

EDIT: Oh, I just realized you are probably selecting items in the Item Manager with 'multiple' checked, and hit the Clan Stash button.

Apparently you get to choose how many of the items you selected you want to put in the stash until you choose zero. The rest of the selected items are ignored and no item is dropped in the stash.

I guess it could be called a bug, although not a particularly important one.

EDIT2: Same thing happens with autosell, and I assume the other buttons in the Item Manager.

Last edited:

Winterbay

No, I did it with the Clan Manager using the code #>100 in order to find items I have more than 100 of.

jasonharper

Developer
The way the code is currently written, it can't distinguish between an explicit entry of zero, and canceling the prompt. Changing it would require tracking down about 30 separate uses of that integer prompt, and making sure they all respond to cancellation properly; I'm going to decline to do so.

Even if the change was made, it still wouldn't be safe to select extra items, thinking "I'll enter zero for anything I change my mind about" - any selected item for which the maximum quantity is 1 gets acted on immediately, without any prompt.

Winterbay

Thank you for that distinct answer. That explains it and I am now glad I didn't post it as a feature request which I thought I'd do first :)