Bug - Fixed Slimy Shoulders not properly recognized

This seems to have slipped past several versions of mafia.

I have slimy shoulders permed at +20%, have for a very long time. Mafia thinks that it's only +2% (when I do modtrace Initiative in the CLI)

Does viewing the skill description from the relay browser update the value?

No, it does not. And before you ask, I am looking from my own character sheet, where it says "(Your shoulders are maximally lubricated, giving you +20% combat initiative)"

I have had other problems, like not being able to see other people's bonuses on their items (like stickerswords or stinky cheese items) when I view their profiles. I'm in unmodified Mafia v14.0, using Firefox 3.6, on Windows 7.

jasonharper

Developer
Confirmed - it's somehow not noticing the skill descriptions when requested from the relay browser. Quick fix: in mafia's Adventure window, go to Overview -> Available Skills, right-click on the slimy skill and select Game Description. That seems to be noticed, along with actually consuming a slime-soaked item.

jasonharper

Developer
r8347 should properly update your slimy skill levels when viewing their descriptions in the relay browser.

To fix the problem with being unable to see the specifics of other peoples' equipment: starting from mafia's root folder, find the file images -> scripts -> window.js and delete it. You apparently have a cached version of that file that predates the addition of this feature to the game.

To fix the problem with being unable to see the specifics of other peoples' equipment: starting from mafia's root folder, find the file images -> scripts -> window.js and delete it. You apparently have a cached version of that file that predates the addition of this feature to the game.

Oh, hey, sweet, that worked! I was wondering for so long why that wasn't working. I had made a bug report on the old system on this site about it, and it never got anywhere, just a lot of confused people, some that saw the same thing as me, others that didn't.