Daily Farming Script (Formerly Known As "Script Noob")

T-Unit

Hi i have just got KoLMafia and am a total Scripting Noob.
I was hoping to and have attempted (after reading replies below) to make a script that:

Gets dressed into meatfarming outfit
buys 3 bat wing chow meins, 5 fuzzbump and 1 whiskey sour
eats three chow meins
Drinks 4 fuzzbump and a whiskey sour
Adventure in the castle in the sky for all the turns checking if hp is below 50 after each adventure
if hp is below 50 it uses one turn resting at the campground and then carries on adventuring
if hp is 50 or above it carries on adventuring
Once finished adventuring it:
Changes outfit to sleep
Drink another fuzzbump
Autosell items all items got from castle apart from warm subject gift certificate
Uses the warm subject gift certificates
Gets "free" buffs from buffbots (up to date when created)

I thank you in advance and look forward to learning how to script properly

T-Unit

Re: Script Noob

Thanks for your advice so far

I have read the scripting manual, understood most of it but was looking for tips on starting and putting it together.

I will post what i produce when i get going.

Thanks again

Edit: Some boards dont allow double posting so i am editting this one :p

I have done my research and put together a script that im pretty sure will work. Here is what i have made:
Code:
boolean outfit( string meatfarming )
boolean buy( 3, $item [bat wing chow mein] )
boolean buy( 5, $item [fuzzbump] )
boolean buy( 1, $item [whiskey sour] )
boolean eat( 3, $item [bat wing chow mein] )
boolean drink( 4, $item [fuzzbump] )
boolean drink( 1, $item [whiskey sour] )
#Most unsure about:
repeat
boolean adventure( *, $location [The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky] )
If my_hp()< 80 
then boolean adventure( 1, $location [Rest at Campsite] )
until ( my_adventures()=0 );
# More sure about:
boolean outfit( string sleep )
boolean drink( 4, $item [fuzzbump] )
boolean sell_item( *, $item[angry farmer candy] )
boolean sell_item( *, $item[awful poetry journal] )
boolean sell_item( *, $item[chaos butterfly] )
boolean sell_item( *, $item[disturbing fanfic] )
boolean sell_item( *, $item[furry fur] )
boolean sell_item( *, $item[giant needle] )
boolean sell_item( *, $item[heavy d] )
boolean sell_item( *, $item[mick's icyvapohotness rub] )
boolean sell_item( *, $item[original g] )
boolean sell_item( *, $item[plot hole] )
boolean sell_item( *, $item[probability potion] )
boolean sell_item( *, $item[procrastination potion] )
boolean sell_item( *, $item[thin black candle] )
boolean sell_item( *, $item[wolf mask] )
boolean use( *, $item [warm subject gift certificate] )
cli_execute( send 1 meat to testudinata )
boolean put_closet( * )

I will edit the post above so you know what it does

Nightmist

The return types (All of those "boolean") you have at the start of each line doesnt need to be there.

Use a ";" after each command in ASH.

When defining a string you don't go "string THESTRING" you simply stick the string in speechmarks. So for "string meatfarming", you just need "meatfarming" (WITH the speechmarks).

If your going to use a "equals" operator you need to have 2 "=" symbols, so a "==".

cli_execute uses a string value, so stick that in speechmarks.

The "*" wild for "all of" only works in CLI scripting (As far as I know). If your going to do that in ASH your looking for something like "item_amount( $item[ITEMNAME])".

When your using "if" your gonna want to stick the conditions in something like: "if( CONDITIONS)".
Oh and that method of HP checking isn't going to work, it will run all its adventures, and then check. You will probably be wanting a "while" loop, make the condition be remaining adventures and then have the IF check nested in it with it running 1 adventure per loop.

Uh whats the put_closet for?

I don't personally use (or have ever used) the "repeat" so im not familiar with that, someone else will have to give pointers for that (Although if you use the while loop method then the repeat becomes redundant)

Yeah, I'm not going to write it for you =P, but the manual should be perfectly fine and if you get stuck just post and we are here to help.

T-Unit

Thanks for that
I had forgotten to replace the value for the amount of adventures thanks for pointing that out
I will do some more editting and then repost my script below
Oh and the put_closet puts the meat in the closet which ive just realised i need to get rid of because then the next day i wont be able to purchase any items :p

Here is an editted version:
Code:
outfit( "meatfarming" );
buy( 3, $item [bat wing chow mein] );
buy( 5, $item [fuzzbump] );
buy( 1, $item [whiskey sour] );
eat( 3, $item [bat wing chow mein] );
drink( 4, $item [fuzzbump] );
drink( 1, $item [whiskey sour] );
repeat;
adventure( 1, $location [The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky] );
If ( my_hp()< 80 ) ;
then adventure( 1, $location [Rest at Campsite] );
until ( my_adventures()==0 );
outfit( "sleep" );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[angry farmer candy] ), $item[angry farmer candy] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[awful poetry journal] ), $item[awful poetry journal] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[chaos butterfly] ), $item[chaos butterfly] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[disturbing fanfic] ), $item[disturbing fanfic] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[furry fur] ), $item[furry fur] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[giant needle] )], $item[giant needle] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[heavy d] ), $item[heavy d] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[mick's icyvapohotness rub] ), $item[mick's icyvapohotness rub] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[original g] ), $item[original g] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[plot hole] ), $item[plot hole] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[probability potion] ), $item[probability potion] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[procrastination potion] ), $item[procrastination potion] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[thin black candle] ), $item[thin black candle] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[wolf mask], $item[wolf mask] );
use( item_amount ( $item [warm subject gift certificate] ), $item [warm subject gift certificate] );
cli_execute( "send 1 meat to testudinata" );

I didn't change the repeat to while because i wasn't 100% sure what i would have to do. Would it be something like:

Code:
While (my_adventures() >0);
adventure( 1, $location [The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky] );
While (my_hp <50);
adventure( 1, $location [Rest at Campsite] );

Or would i need to do something with "and"? As always any pointers are well received.

Afterthought: Is there anyway of checking if the amount of adventures left on a buff is under 210 for example?

holatuwol

Developer

For what you're planning on doing, and given that you're not a programmer type, I recommend using basic scripting rather than advanced scripting (the manual in question is linked in the forum announcements that appear at the top of every page, and basic scripting is one of the pages there):

http://kolmafia.sourceforge.net/scripting.html

I'll tackle this one further.

OK first let's discuss your method of health restoration. Instead of resting at your campsight which consumes a turn, I would use scrolls of drastic healing which cost 214 meat in the mall. An adventure in the castle is worth more than 214 meat. If this option sounds good to you, then let kolmafia handle it for you.

while logged in to kolmafia:
top of kolmafia select the adventure tab
bottom of kolmafia select auto recovery tab
set the percentage of your health at which you would like to restore.
select scroll of drastic healing as the restorer.
now select preferences on the general menu
on the items tab make sure "buy items from mall whenever needed" is selected.
change the adventure area of your script to say
Code:
adventure(my_adventures(), $location[Castle in the clouds in the sky]);

if you really want to rest at your campsight then:
Code:
while(my_adventures() != 0)
 {
 adventure(1, $location[Castle in the clouds in the sky]);
 while ( my_hp() < 80 && my_adventures() != 0)
  {
  cli_execute("rest 1");
  }
 }
using "if ( my_hp() < 80 )" would cause you to rest 1 time only no matter what. It may take 2 times to bring your hp above 80. using "while ( my_hp() < 80 )" will cause the script to repeat the rest command till your hp meets the requirement. adding "&& my_adventures() != 0" in prevents any possibility of an infinite loop if you go below 80 hp on the last adventure. There are other ways to handle this, I am just following the way that your script is going.

This script from the bgining would really have been easier to write using basic scripting rather than ash as Holatuwol said, but I see a some effort has went into it, and for your first script it sure would be a bummer to have to start over again using what effectively works out to be a different language.

Edit: oh yeah! in the first version you wanted to put all your meat in your closet. That command was right except that instead of the the wildcard for all, you actually need to use
Code:
put_closet(my_meat());
That definitely proves to me that you have done your homework in attempting to write this script because I had to look that up a second ago to reply in another thread.

T-Unit

With the hints, suggestions and comments given in the posts above i have changed my script.
Also i have added in the function of visiting the Mr. Klaw "Skill" Crane Game 3 times as well because my clan now has one. I added messages to be sent for all the buffs i need.
EDIT: Also also i have added buy and use 24 of knob goblin pet-buffing spray and nasal spray
I decided to integrate the buy and use 1 scroll of drastic healing into the script so that if other people want to use my script they dont have to set that up.

Code:
outfit( "meatfarming" );
buy( 3, $item [bat wing chow mein] );
buy( 5, $item [fuzzbump] );
buy( 1, $item [whiskey sour] );
buy( 24, $item [Knob Goblin nasal spray] );
buy( 24, $item [Knob Goblin pet-buffing spray] ) ;
eat( 3, $item [bat wing chow mein] );
drink( 1, $item [whiskey sour] );
use( 24, $item [Knob Goblin nasal spray] );
use( 24, $item [Knob Goblin pet-buffing spray] ) ;
while( my_adventures() !=0 )
 {
 adventure( 1, $location[Castle in the clouds in the sky] );
 while ( my_hp()<80 && my_adventures() !=0 )
  {
  buy( 1, $item [scroll of drastic healing] );		
  use( 1, $item [scroll of drastic healing );
outfit( "sleep" );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[angry farmer candy] ), $item[angry farmer candy] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[awful poetry journal] ), $item[awful poetry journal] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[chaos butterfly] ), $item[chaos butterfly] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[disturbing fanfic] ), $item[disturbing fanfic] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[furry fur] ), $item[furry fur] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[giant needle] )], $item[giant needle] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[heavy d] ), $item[heavy d] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[mick's icyvapohotness rub] ), $item[mick's icyvapohotness rub] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[original g] ), $item[original g] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[plot hole] ), $item[plot hole] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[probability potion] ), $item[probability potion] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[procrastination potion] ), $item[procrastination potion] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[thin black candle] ), $item[thin black candle] );
sell_item( item_amount( $item[wolf mask], $item[wolf mask] );
use( item_amount ( $item [warm subject gift certificate] ), $item [warm subject gift certificate] );
cli_execute( "send 3 meat to testudinata" );
cli_execute( "send 8 meat to testudinata" );
cli_execute( "send 6 meat to testudinata" );
cli_execute( "send 5 meat to testudinata" );
cli_execute( "send 3 meat to Binary" );
cli_execute( "send 2 meat to Binary" );
***** LINES REMOVED BY DAYCHILDE - SEE BELOW *****

Over the next few days i may make some more changes and will probably post the final version later in the week

thanks for all your help so far and any i am going to receive

Please don't be offended by my edit. Holatuwol has said he isn't automating clan furniture - at least not yet. Previously, posting a "workaround" to such a thing was frowned upon, so I'm "censoring" this for now... I'll also post in the Admin Lounge asking if they feel this way about the furniture or not... :) Sorry! -Daychilde

for each { you must have a } hence the following is what you want:
while( my_adventures() !=0 )
{
adventure( 1, $location[Castle in the clouds in the sky] );
while ( my_hp()<80 && my_adventures() !=0 )
{
buy( 1, $item [scroll of drastic healing] );
use( 1, $item [scroll of drastic healing );
}
}

in between each { and } is the block of statements which will repeat during the while loop.

T-Unit

Hi

Sorry i have been so long before posting this final draft. I have been trying to add extras into the script but to no avail.

I attach my script below and hope you enjoy using it if you want.

If anyone adapts it in any way could you please let me know as i am interested in any developments of my script for future reference.

Once again a big thank you to everyone here who has helped me along my way from script noob to creating my first script.

Merry Crimbo to one and all

Attachments

• Daily.ash
    2.2 KB · Views: 189

T-Unit

Sorry for the double post but it has been so long since i posted i thought it wouldn't be too bad.
I recently decided to update KoLMafia, which i haven't done since v10.4.
I tried to run the script attached on my last post, which i have been using successfully since i wrote it. I realised that i needed to change the location to "Giant's Castle" for it to work. But then it kept telling me that "sell_item" didn't work. I tried "autosell" too. But that didnt work either. Can anyone shed some light on this. I will post error messages when i have time.

dangerpin

I always hesitate to answer, because I am still learning but I'm surprised that autosell didn't work, according to ashref that looks to be the correct command. Can you show the updated script so I can try to wrap my feeble brain around it?

T-Unit

Currently there is no difference apart from i have changed the location.
I don't know why "sell_item( item_amount( $item[angry farmer candy] ), $item[angry farmer candy] );" doesn't work anymore.
I have also tried "autosell( item_amount( $item[angry farmer candy] ), $item[angry farmer candy] );" and a couple of other combinations i can't remember. Maybe if i could try what you usually do.

kain

using the ashref command:
Code:
> ashref sell  
boolean autosell( int, item )

so I typed up a little script ...

Code:
void main()
{
	autosell(1, $item[hot wing]);
}
And that sold 1 hot wing. I then changed it to
Code:
void main()
{
	autosell(item_amount($item[hot wing]), $item[hot wing]);
}
and that sold the remaining 21 hot wings that I had in my inventory.

Oh hot wings, how I shall miss thee!

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong

dangerpin

But then it kept telling me that "sell_item" didn't work. I tried "autosell" too.

Let us define "didn't work" a little more. What is the exact error you are getting when it doesn't work?
Can you attach the whole script so we can see if there might be formatting issues clouding the solution?