Feature - Rejected Prevent use of more than 5? adv in the slime tube

ozoneb

While you COULD spend more adv there, it isn't practical to do so. What do you think about an option that would prevent running more than 5? adv in the slimetube. You could even make it more restrictive and prevent ANY adv in the slimetube or at least pop a warning. sort of like protecting semi rares or accidental clover usage.

Oz'

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'd prefer that you just run a script to handle the Slime Tube. I don't think this is appropriate for a core feature.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The biggest reason to not add something like this is that you can put on slime resistance stuff to survive more than 5 turns. Or you can use a PYEC to get a thousand turns of Coated in Slime and adventure for a long time.

Bale

Minion
Or even put Coated in Slime removal into your mood and automate 200 turns. That seems like the absolutely simplest reason not to prevent something so useful.

ozoneb

I see those points. My reason for posting this is that I've accidently left the zone selector on slimetube and put in 100 advs. I meant to do some grinding in the castle. It results in getting beaten up a lot, wasting a lot of MP and curratives. Sure you can make that mistake with any zone, but I also screwed up a 2 nodule run as well, and that really didn't sit well with my clan. (rightly so). From my point of view since I don't have a PYEC and I do use a script ( and thus would not do the mood setup suggestion) it seems best to simply quarentine that area to prevent any other mistakes. I would think that this is a more common scenario than the other alternatives suggested.

Oz'

lidden

While I agree that it is annoying to accidentally spend adventures in the wrong zone (I mostly do this after getting a semi rare). Your proposed fix is worse than the problem. Since you get beaten up why not have a betweenBattleScript that aborts when you get beaten up? I already have that but for different reasons.

Grotfang

Developer
In short, punishing people who do not make mistakes on the basis that you do is never the answer.

Another solution (in addition to lidden's and Bale's) would be for you to turn off all restores - this would mean mafia itself would abort, as it would not be able to heal you. This comes at the cost of mafia never picking you up when you fall in a zone, but it would also mean that ANY zone that was defeating you would be flagged up for you to change your strategy (as opposed to just the slime tube).

Hope this has been of some use, and that you can understand why this behaviour might not be ideal.