Bug - Not A Bug Whenever I use spooky putty my auto-attack gets turned off

Geno

This is kind of annoying since I hate having to click pickpocket every turn. What's the deal?

Last edited by a moderator:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Uh huh. And when you forget to turn off "attack" as your autoattack and one-hit the monster, you will come and file a bug report, because you didn't get a change to re-putty the monster.

StDoodle

Minion
To clarify, this issue has been discussed many times. Some people prefer not to have KoLmafia mess with autoattack, some get really pissed when they automatically kill such special encounter monsters without a chance to do things like re-putty. Since the former can solve their problem with one additional click, or a CCS setup for said monster such that it's never again an "issue," but the latter are pretty much borked, the devs have decided to help out the latter.

While this is one of those times where you can't please everyone, I fully support the idea of choosing behavior that fixes the problem that has no other solution, rather than fixing it for those who can still do what they want even under "undesired" behavior.

Geno

So... is there some way i can change the CSS so that it doesn't do this? I really see no reason to turn off auto-pickpocket since it will never kill a monster. Wouldn't it be easy to code around that?

Bale

Minion
There have been bug reports filed against mafia before this feature was implemented to save them. I think that this is the best way. Just accept that when using spooky putty you'll have to pick pockets without auto-attack.

Geno

Is there no way I can alter some files or something to prevent it? It's pretty irritating and I'm pretty sure it increases server load when I forget to reset my autoattack.

Is there at least a Graphical CLI command to set auto-attack to pickpocket? That would be helpful.