DCQuest

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I removed DC2Wiki. I received a rather rude email from a KoLwiki admin. When I got past the rudeness, the mail said that there was a size limit on personal pages at the Wiki that I had exceeded and there was a desire on the part of the admins to have personal pages be "useful" and not just bragging. Since my use of DC2Wiki created the former and was motivated by the latter, I figured the easiest thing to do was withdraw the script and stop using it myself. If anyone wants a copy, PM me.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That discussion came up with bumcheekcity's snapshot script, which initially created output for a person's wiki user page. In order to have a consistent policy on the issue, some wiki admins removed "bragging" content from their pages.

Erich

I removed DC2Wiki. I received a rather rude email from a KoLwiki admin. When I got past the rudeness, the mail said that there was a size limit on personal pages at the Wiki that I had exceeded and there was a desire on the part of the admins to have personal pages be "useful" and not just bragging. Since my use of DC2Wiki created the former and was motivated by the latter, I figured the easiest thing to do was withdraw the script and stop using it myself. If anyone wants a copy, PM me.

Some of the wiki admin have hardons for being rude. Stick figure game information on a 3rd party website is serious business.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Some of the wiki admin have hardons for being rude. Stick figure game information on a 3rd party website is serious business.

The admin was rude but in his defense, he was under the mistaken impression that he was sending me the second warning for the (alleged) offense. I have found when in a similar position of responsibility that it is easiest to keep things emotionally neutral and always allow for the possibility that I am operating under bad information. Doing so is easier than eating crow later and often allows me to feel that I have claimed and held The Moral High Ground.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Updated to 1.5 and moved to SVN for hosting and updates.

Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/kolmafiascripts/dcq/code/

JickenWings appears to be updating although their latest news suggests otherwise. The ranking of complete collections is not, however, updating so the script will report "does not seem to ranked" until that changes.

In order to keep the cache file up to date (and detect when items are no longer in the DC) there is now a cache cleaning step that deletes data from the cache if the cache count and the DC count are different. At the end the script now searches for items in the DC that do not have a cache entry and creates one. This last step is throttled so that JickenWings does not get hammered. These items are generally items where there is exactly one in the DC, one is enough to rank but the rank has not been updated within the time window.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Bug in KoLmafia function is_displayable() that says the sea maps, among other things, can be displayed, when they really cannot. However, running DCQuest will suggest that you can acquire the maps for your DC which is wrong. The fix to mafia is being worked but it will be a few days.

Also DCQuest checks JickenWings although the DC database is unavailable. RUMINT says that JickenWings changed ISPs and that change has had complications and side effects. RUMINT says JickenWings is committed to making the capability available (Since the KoL Wiki also uses it) but there is no timetable for when. The obvious side effect of this is that DCPrune will gladly clean out your DC because everything is unranked.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Bug in KoLmafia function is_displayable() that says the sea maps, among other things, can be displayed, when they really cannot. However, running DCQuest will suggest that you can acquire the maps for your DC which is wrong. The fix to mafia is being worked but it will be a few days.

If anything, the bug is mafia claiming that you can get the item, not that the impossible-to-get item can go in your display case.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
If anything, the bug is mafia claiming that you can get the item, not that the impossible-to-get item can go in your display case.

The function is_displayable() as currently implemented only looks at the KoL provided Quest flags and returns true for non-quest items. There are at least 5 items, and possibly more, that are not Quest items but cannot be put into a Display Case. That is the bug Veracity and I have been discussing since I volunteered to fix it. It sounds like you are suggesting there may be an additional bug that DCQuest has not discovered since DCQuest filters out non-displayable items fairly early in the process.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If you could get one of those items in your inventory, it could be put in your display case. As I said already in the thread that you are referencing, your claim that this item cannot be placed in a display case is false. Your script uses creatable_amount( it ), which returns some value when you can't actually make the item. Making any change to that would be complicated though.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Collections database is back online and hosted at Coldfront. New version of DCQuest available from SVN with updated URL. If you allow KoLmafia to resend data and follow the redirect the old version also works :)

Of course, while the database was unavailable xKiv increased his lead over me to 61 unique items.

xKiv

You weren't working on your collection? I was working on my collection!
But you have much higher autosell. Maybe I should preserve my DMS reserves in DC instead of closet?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
You weren't working on your collection? I was working on my collection!
But you have much higher autosell. Maybe I should preserve my DMS reserves in DC instead of closet?

I am actively working on my collection but fronobulax has never ascended and probably never will which limits the best that can be achieved. fronobulax is also working on stats and not meat which means that there are still a couple hundred items that could be bought but the meat is not there yet. On the other hand, cafebabe, who does ascend, is in the top 100 now so...

xKiv

Ha. I need to ascend for many items from the entire past year, or maybe a bit longer.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The code uses an item as an index into maps. It has been pointed out that doing so means the script will not always do The Right Thing if there are cases where there are multiple items with the same name. For the most part, this harms nothing except things get cleared from the cache prematurely and thus there are unnecessary server hits a Coldfront. I will eventually address this and release an updated version, but since this will change the file format on disk I need to understand the migration strategy.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
For the handful of people using this, the collections portion of the KoL Wiki is returning a 403

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /collections/index.cgi on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

so DCQuest is not going to get any data. I've checked the URLs from several different browsers, KoLmafia and different IP addresses so it is probably not Coldfront deciding I am banging their server.