DCQuest

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Update posted to SVN (SourceForge) with URL fixed. It is probably cleaner to delete the DCQJW_<username>.txt file before running with the new version but that is not required. Still # 24 :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
DCDB is down and has been. I discovered an undesired feature in DCQuest. If there is an error accessing DCDB it writes a cache entry saying the character is unranked for that item. That is absolutely the wrong thing to do if something downstream actually looks at the rankings.

I have a kludge that addresses that but I really need to refactor things so that if there are enough errors accessing DCDB it just stops trying. I'm torn between fixing that and hoping DCDB comes back and just giving up on ranks and pushing out something that only looks at items, availability and the DC.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Major Update.

https://museum.loathers.net/ has the same information as DCDB and returns the rankings for all items in a single page. This allows me to eliminate making one call per item to DCDB to get a ranking and that in turn eliminates caching of results, cache management and dealing with intermittent zero byte headers.

The dependencies on datelib and zlib have been removed.

Datafiles named DCQJW_<char>.txt are no longer created or updated. They can be manually deleted.

DC_<char>.txt remains as before - a file containing items that could be in the DC, but aren't, with some annotation.

<char>_DCRanksRaw.txt is an intermediate file that can be deleted but will be recreated every run.

<char>_DCRanks.txt replaces DCQJW_<char>.txt. It contains three columns: item, rank, and how many are in the DC. The amount to reach the next rank and first rank are no longer available in the file but that is a reasonable price to pay for the significantly improve run time since DCQuest no longer iterates over every item and queries DCDB.

Thanks to @gausie for Museum and @heeheehee for the JavaScript to fetch and parse the JSON.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
DCPrune is temporarily broken. It needs to be updated to deal with the new file name and format. Since it is a DL from here and not on SourceForge that seems acceptable.

Also note that DCDB only reports the first 1000 ranked players whereas Museum reports an exact ranking.

Last edited: