Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: VIP Hopping! Quick clanhop to BAfH for all VIP room goodies!

The limits are per character.

If you want to clanhop as a clan leader, the solution is to make another character (an eventual mall multi, or use an existing mall multi) to switch leadership to. If you're just making the character, they only have to get to level 3 to join the clan, and that can be done with about 5k in consumables.

So, I have a feature request. As the current leader of my clan I have set up a deal with a friend who is also in the clan that we switch leadership between each other if the other needs to clanhop.

When i try to run this script I get the following error "Something went wrong! You did not hop into Bonus Adventures from Hell." and it aborts. The reason for this is that the leader of an alliance is not allowed to switch clans. Trying to do it manually in teh relay browser I get the following error message "You can't apply to a new clan when you're the leader of an existing clan.".

I thus propose that the script offers the ability to send off the leadership to a specific person and then do the clan hop. Or that someone tells me how such a code would look like so that I can include it myself

You want to use:
    Code:
    visit_url("clan_admin.php?action=changeleader&pwd&newleader="+ playerid + "&confirm=on&transfer=Transfer");
    I don't have the time to work that into script right now though. I'm also not sure how to trigger that code. I guess if it gets the error, "You can't apply to a new clan when you're the leader of an existing clan" it could respond by switching leadership to the new leader and then retrying the clanhop. Maybe I'll add that tomorrow. Would it be okay if you edit the alternate leader's ID into the script as a constant, or do you want that part of the script's input?
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

I could probably add that myself now that I have the string. Using your vist_url-example from the join page I had almost arrived at the same point as you but I'm not used to working with php and its options so was nto exactly sure which values from the page source I needed to put where

Also: In my case I think that I'd like it to be a constant in the script, such as the clan_id in the original, since I feel that that makes errors less likely to occur.

Edit: I've added the following fucntion to the script

Code:
    // Transfer clan leadership to the specified player id
    int transfer_leadership() {
    	int option_id = 697273;
    	string page = visit_url("clan_admin.php?action=changeleader&pwd&newleader="+ option_id + "&confirm=on&transfer=Transfer");
    	return 0;
    }
    and also added the following lines to the bafh-function (since I could nto come up with a better place to put it)
    Code:
    	boolean transfer = true;

if(transfer == true)
    		transfer_leadership();
    I'll have to switch the true/false setting myself depending on if I am the leader or not I guess, but I can live with that for now
    Last edited by Winterbay; 03-26-2010 at 08:09 AM.

You could test to see if it returned "You can't apply to a new clan when you're the leader of an existing clan" when you changed clan. It's one extra server hit if you're already the leader, but...

Bale, I don't know if the script does this, but it might be nice to automatically kmail me if they don't have a whitelist already, rather than making people do it manually. Then it can be fairly seamless for the end user.

It doesn't. What it does however is that if you can't join BAfH it states that what you should do in order to get whitelisted.

Bale, I don't know if the script does this, but it might be nice to automatically kmail me if they don't have a whitelist already, rather than making people do it manually. Then it can be fairly seamless for the end user.
    Originally Posted by bumcheekcity View Post
    That's not the kind of feature I would have felt comfortable adding without your permission, though it does print a message explaining how to get whitelisted.

Since you suggested it, I'll gladly add an automatic request for whitelisting in bafh. Feel free to recommend this script to anyone who feels it is too much trouble to clanhop to BAfH.

New Version!

New features:
    • If you are not a member of Bonus Adventures from Hell, when run it will submit an application to bumcheekcity so that he can automatically add you to the clan.
    • If you are clan leader it will automatically transfer leadership to another member designated in the script. You can designate two potential leaders, just in case your clan consists of you and yourself.
    • It is reorganized to make it better for importing in a breakfast script.

@bumcheekcity, added automatic PMing to you for membership. You can now consider this script a way of getting added to your clan.

@Winterbay, this will solve your leadership transfer problem. There is a variable at the top of the script to designate the replacement leader.

If someone wants to use this in a breakfast script, but want to be able to call it for all features without having to swap clans 6 times, you can do it like this:
    Code:
    import <bafh.ash>

int origin = origin_clan();
    goto_clan(90485);
    visit_vip("crimbotree get");
    visit_vip("glass");
    visit_vip("pool 3");
    visit_vip("pool 3");
    visit_vip("pool 3");
    visit_vip("ballpit");
    goto_clan(origin);
    Last edited by Bale; 06-23-2010 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Fixed stupidity

Thanks!
    If I define myself as person 1 and my clannie as person 2 and he does the same would that mean that it will switch between us depending on who is the leader at the time?