Forum Update

bumcheekcity

In the bugs report section, can all "Fixed" or "Not a Bugs" come up as green or something, with ones not yet confirmed as yellow, and confirmed ones as green or something? Just makes it easier to scan through the page.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Totally possible. It has been done.

New bugs are red, confirmed are yellow, green are fixed/not a bug/won't fix/implemented.

Code box, i need to remember how I fixed it last time.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
A couple comments:

1) The new RSS changelog feeder has a slight bug. Here is one file from a recent submit:

Code:
M/src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/textui/command/BasementCommand.java/src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/textui/command/BasementCommand.java

That should be:

Code:
M/src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/textui/command/BasementCommand.java

2) I'd like a couple more bug categories:

Bug - Cannot Reproduce
Bug - Waiting for Info

Both of those should be yellow, because they indicate that although the developers have looked at the bug, they haven't rejected the bug out of hand, but no fix will be forthcoming unless something changes.

3) What about duplicates? I considered asking for Bug - Duplicate and Feature - Duplicate, but what I'd really like to do is to be able to merge duplicate bug reports to the thread that they duplicate, since sometimes they have slightly different info. Can this be done?

matt.chugg

A couple comments:

1) The new RSS changelog feeder has a slight bug. Here is one file from a recent submit:

Code:
M/src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/textui/command/BasementCommand.java/src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/textui/command/BasementCommand.java

That should be:

Code:

hmm I didn't notice that!

The data in the database seems fine, so I guess its the handler which creates the feed, how does rss bot determine new feeds, by last build number? pubdate? or some kind of checksum? I guess what i'm really asking, is if I modify it will he redownload previous items? (and is this a problem!)

Edit (1)

Fixed, hopefully RSS bot won't have a fit! the pubdate field for the posts shouldn't change because its set to the svn commit time, but if its using a checksum then all posts will appear different.

Edit (2)

Rss bot redownloaded what looks like the last 10, sorry about that!

Last edited:

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Added.
A couple comments:

Code:

That should be:

Code:

2) I'd like a couple more bug categories:

Bug - Cannot Reproduce
Bug - Waiting for Info

Both of those should be yellow, because they indicate that although the developers have looked at the bug, they haven't rejected the bug out of hand, but no fix will be forthcoming unless something changes.

3) What about duplicates? I considered asking for Bug - Duplicate and Feature - Duplicate, but what I'd really like to do is to be able to merge duplicate bug reports to the thread that they duplicate, since sometimes they have slightly different info. Can this be done?

zarqon

Any chance we can filter out the RSS Bot posts from What's New? I'm glad our devs are making so many improvements, but it's harder to find new posts from actual humans with all the revision notes showing up there. It's much easier to see all the recent SVN changes together on the daily builds page, or the SVN Changes forum itself -- I don't think they need to be included in What's New.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I would dislike that being changed. It's pretty easy to see all the posts in any forum together, but that defeats the point of the New Posts link. Now that I'm actually using it, I wouldn't want to have to read some stuff separately.

zarqon

Right now, for me there are only four (4) regular posts on the What's New page. The rest are SVN updates and bug reports. That's not what I'm looking for when I click What's New in a forum. I want to see what people are actually discussing, not a bot-generated list which is available in at least three other well-organized places.

However, now that it's been nay-said, I suppose it's not worth defending further.

Bale

Minion
On the right of each post is the forum it is in. You can click that, then at the top, click for the drop down to "mark this forum read". That's what I do when I don't want to deal with the updates.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Or if you use a modern web browser you can double click the icon on the forum page for the SVN forum and it will mark all the items read automatically!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I appreciate the request. However, I have found that I like manually checking all the new items in the RSS Feed and then, when that is done, use "What's New" for everything else. Having the SVN updates in What's New is all right with me since I only need the work around first thing in my day.

xKiv

I am using the "Blue & Gold" forum skin. It makes links (nearly completely) indistinguishable from normal text. I would appreciate if that was looked into and fixed. Right now, I am learnng to depend on Web Developer's "outline" functionality.
Thans.

Spiny

I have had no previous problem attaching files from my computer in these forums. I wanted to attach a file to a post in the bug reports section tonight, but the forum wouldn't allow me to click from computer, only from the web, which wasn't what I wanted to do. Thanks for checking :)