Slime vial recipes

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I keep getting a Bad Item Value: vial of orange slime (vials-trophy.ash, line 4) when I try to run the script. Any help?

FWIW, over the weekend I was managing my display case. My script told me I had an orange in my inventory but not in my display case. However when I tried to use the item manager to find the orange to move it, the item manager never had a match. In light of the above, I wonder if there is some unknown problem with "orange" in an item name or the orange items themselves?

Braska

I wiped out all my old files and started from scratch, which seems to have fixed the problem. Don't know why it didn't work the first time though. Thanks for a great script! (hugs trophy)

jasonharper

Developer
And here's the ultimate version of the script: it looks at the discoveries page to find out what recipes you still need to use, and will use higher-level vials that are already in your inventory, so it can be stopped & restarted at any point without waste. It should be run with r8225 or more recent, to avoid a problem with slime vials becoming uncreatable when identified. There is a confirmation dialog before any actual cooking begins, so it's always safe to just run the script.

EDIT: updated to work with inventory images turned off.

Attachments

• durance-vial.ash
    7.8 KB · Views: 1,913
Last edited:

jalandy

I'm having a tiny problem with the ultimate version of the script. I am using r8230 and have 8 Nemesis Slime Quest discoveries. The script says that I have none discovered:

> call scripts\durance-vial.ash

Finding out what you've already discovered...
You already know 0 of the slime vial recipes.
vial of red slime: you need 33 more, for a total of 91
vial of yellow slime: you need 37 more, for a total of 91
vial of blue slime: you need 40 more, for a total of 91

The discoveries were from my previous ascension if that makes any difference (don't think it would). I'm basementing so I'm going to hit the 91 anyways, plus I'll need to figure out which slime vial I need to get into the volcano, so it's not a big deal for me.

jasonharper

Developer
Let me see the raw HTML of your cooking discoveries page, I can only guess that there's some other account option affecting the format of that page.

But note that the basic recipes you discovered in the process of solving the quest probably won't speed up the process of getting the trophy at all. The script has to use those recipes in bulk, to get raw materials for the more obscure recipes, regardless of whether you've discovered them already.

jalandy

The script is not seeing any of my slime discoveries when I have inventory images hidden. When I turned them back on the script picks them up.

I definitely appreciate this script to get the trophy! Great job!

jherskow

I am using r8244 and the script "vials-trophy.ash" but its gives me the error:

Bad item value: "vial of green slime" (vials-trophy.ash, line 5)

What should I do to fix this?

jherskow

in fact I have tried these:

Bad item value: "amber slime" (durance-vial.ash, line 4)

> call scripts\slime trophy.ash

Bad item value: "v green slime" (slime trophy.ash, line 3)

> call scripts\vials-trophy.ash

Bad item value: "vial of green slime" (vials-trophy.ash, line 5)

Bad item value: "amber slime" (durance-vial.ash, line 4)

I farmed vials or 4 days.....Iam really looking forward to ascending again. Please help!!!

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Delete your data files or type "update data" in the CLI. I'm not really sure if that'll work, but hey, worth a shot!

WillGruff

I'm getting this error message:

Function 'craft( string, int, item, item )' undefined (durance-vial.ash, line 49)

What am I doing wrong?

DQP

Thanks for posting this. Worked perfectly for the trophy and watching the output it look like it saved O(billions) of clicks. :dqp-

Spiny

*facepalm* I've been collecting vials for days now and making vials towards the trophy as my sanity has allowed using a spreadsheet and the wiki and my discoveries page for reference. I think I need to make 5 more vials at this point and I'm certain I didn't do any of it optimally. I wish I'd seen this thread earlier!!

eitak

Anyone know what "Creation failed, no results detected." means, when you set "reallyMix" in durance-vial.ash to true? Does it just mean that I don't have enough vials to make anything that I don't already have? I'm using the latest version of Mafia. Thanks in advance for the help.

eitak

Ah, so I guess it only creates the potions for the trophy if you have all the necessary vials, which is why I was confused.

Jason, thanks for the awesome script.

Last edited: