Is there an ASH or CLI command for feeding the Stocking Mimic candy?

halfvoid

I want to write a custom farming script which includes automatic feeding of some candy items to the stocking mimic as they are acquired. Is there a way to do this with ash or a CLI command?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I considered adding a "binge" command which would work for the hobo, ghost, slimeling, and mimic. You'd give it 1 or more items, which it would verify are of the correct type (booze, food, equipment, candy) and if they all were acceptable, it would call the familiarbinger.php page in KoL.

I even added a secondary use for items of "candy" to enable that check.

And then I finished my 100% Stocking Mimic run and moved on to other things.
Feel free to make a feature request to remind me (or someone) to finish this.

Until then, the URL you need is:

familiarbinger.php?action=binge&whichitem=x&qty=y

tgetgel

I want to write a custom farming script which includes automatic feeding of some candy items to the stocking mimic as they are acquired. Is there a way to do this with ash or a CLI command?

Not that I know of. I have to go to the terrarium with it equipped and feed lots of candy. In theory a better programmer that I should be able to parse the code and select the option/pass the parameters. Something like this?

visit_url("familiarbinger.php"); but the you have to find a way to pass the candy info to the page

I wish I would get the effects from feeding the mimic various types of candy!

Current Familiar:

G-whiz
74-pound Stocking Mimic (5,561 candies, 2,155 kills)
Equipment: bag of many confections [unequip]
[Give lots of Candy]

The Give lots of Candy link opens the familiarbinger page.

Edit: Ninja'd! Veracity is one of those programmers much better than I.

What would be really cool is if we could right click on the candy from inventory or the Summary Pane and have the option to feed it to the stocking mimic. Of course, that does not help with scripting.

Last edited: