Pickpocket CSS Safe Moxie problem

amisam

Hi all,

I couldn't find a thread relating to this. I am using mafia 13.8 and with a CSS of:

1: try to steal an item
2: skill entangling noodles
3: attack with weapon

I've noticed on the island battle field in particular that if I am running Ur-Kel the pickpocketing gets skipped. I assume that this is due to a safe moxie test. Is there a way that I can override this? I'm only taking 5-7 damage for a hit so the damage is not really an issue.

Thanks.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I've often thought that if the CCS says to steal, then, by golly, we should believe it, regardless of whether we think it is "safe".

amisam

I vaguely recall there being a preference that specified to steal only if safe. Does such a thing still exist buried in one of the property files?

zarqon

And if you like that, you'll love my upcoming total combat script, which includes everything from SmartStasis and more!

Bale

Minion
Mostly I like SmartStasis because it can handle those pesky gremlins. I hate having to use my scepter or dictionary for 10 rounds waiting for them and hoping I don't accidently miss the round when I need to use the magnet. Then I need to find the magnet on the drop down list. Meanwhile I need to keep track of my HP to use saucy salve if they get too low. Then when I get to the next gremlin I need to find the scepter on the drop down list again, rise and repeat.

I hate gremlins. Thank you for automating them.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I just funksling rock band flyers and the molybdenum magnet every round in the Junkyard. Except for the gremlins that don't have the right tool, which I kill.

amisam

I just downloaded the SmartStatis script and it works great - doing all those things that I was laboriously dealing with. Thanks for the suggestion Bale and thanks for the script zarqon.

Rahmuss

Quick question, not quite the same thing; but... I can get all of my CCSs to work except for one. Mafia decides to ignore it for some reason. No matter what I put in the script it seems to ignore it. Is it that name? I'm trying to cast olfaction on a particular enemy (War Hippy F.R.O.G.), so doesn't my CCS name and "[ default ]", need to be given the enemy's name?

Here is what I have;

[ War Hippy F.R.O.G. ]
2: skill transcendent olfaction

Is it because the name ends with a period?

Bale

Minion
so doesn't my CCS name and "[ default ]", need to be given the enemy's name?

Huh? I'm completely baffled about what this is supposed to indicate unless you're doing something very strange. Are you saying that the CCS is named War Hippy F.R.O.G. and default is also (somehow) named that as well? None of that is remotely necessary and I don't even know how you could name default as War Hippy F.R.O.G.

Please post your entire CCS and I'll try to figure out what you're doing. If that was your entire CCS, then you need to add a [default] section in addition to the part you posted.

StDoodle

Minion
I just funksling rock band flyers and the molybdenum magnet every round in the Junkyard. Except for the gremlins that don't have the right tool, which I kill.

I take it they only do the enraged damage when you first use the flyers? I didn't know that... sounds like a simple solution, thanks.

Rahmuss

Bale, Yep, that was my entire CCS. I have one for spectral jellyfish as well which works just fine without the [default]:

Code:
[ spectral jellyfish ]
3: skill transcendent olfaction
4: attack with weapon

If this doesn't make sense, then how do I use a CCS to just use transcendent olfaction on one particular enemy in an area? I guess I'm not as familiar with CCS code as I'd like to be.

slyz

Developer
The default section has to be included, and you can add sections for specific monsters/locations for things like olfaction etc.

Bale

Minion
@Rahmuss, It seems we've found the problem. Change your CCS to the following and it should be fine.
Code:
[ default ]
2: attack

[ War Hippy F.R.O.G. ]

You could even have a single CCS that will olfact both F.R.O.Gs and Spectral Jellyfish. It'll olfact whichever one it runs into. Since they're in different areas, there's no conflict at all:
Code:
[ default ]
2: attack

[ spectral jellyfish ]

[ War Hippy F.R.O.G. ]

Rahmuss

Bale, You ROCK! Thanks for the help. I didn't know how to configure my CCS properly until now. I just guessed and it seemed to work for the jellyfish; but now I see how it is supposed to be. Thanks.