Logout Scripts

bumcheekcity

Is there a way we can have a script run BEFORE we fully log out. I.e. I click the X in the top-right, and a script runs, and only if that script executes without errors will mafia close?

Bale

Minion
Interesting point. Have you tried putting an abort() into your logout script? Will it continue logging out if the logout script aborts?

bumcheekcity

Yep. And in that case, I close mafia, it shows me the initial login screen again and the abort text appears under the Save Password/Auto Login/Breakfast tickboxes, where it also tells me that I'm equipping the sword behind and time pants and whatnot.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You could always close mafia by using a script that has
Code:
cli_execute("quit");
as the last line.

Then mafia should fail to close if there are any errors.

StDoodle

Minion
Bumping this thread as I have the same question.

Unfortunately, my script is targeted towards people who aren't really script-savvy, and would almost certainly be unable to remember that they need to close mafia in a special way.

Is there any other way of having a logout script that can abort the logout process?

slyz

Developer
Go into a loop until the user aborts the script? Or ask for user input with a helpful message? That way, even if the logout process still carries on when the script is aborted/the user hits 'yes', he knows he has unfinished business and needs to log back on.