autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

Winterbay

The script should not try to buy things more expensive than your autoBuyPriceLimit. Could you double check that value?

You may also want to look over your custom outfits to see which one tries to equip the mask.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I just deleted all of my basement outfits and ran this script.
It spent a really long time caching outfits, using the maximizer, and then did the first level. Good.
I told it to do 3 more levels, figuring that since it had all the outfits cached, it would go faster.
Apparently not.

Caching outfits...
Putting on outfit: Mysticality
Equipment changed.
Retrieving equipment...

Hat: Thunkula's drinking cap
Weapon: scratch 'n' sniff sword
Off-hand: Cold Stone of Hatred
Shirt: sea salt scrubs
Pants: sugar shorts
Container: sea shawl

Acc. 1: navel ring of navel gazing
Acc. 2: plexiglass pinky ring
Acc. 3: plexiglass pocketwatch

Pet: Adorable Space Buddy (40 lbs)
Item: cute bow from beyond the stars

Sticker 1: scratch 'n' sniff wrestler sticker (20)
Sticker 2: scratch 'n' sniff wrestler sticker (20)
Sticker 3: scratch 'n' sniff wrestler sticker (20)
Maximizing...
69872 combinations checked, best score 3,628.00
Saving outfit: Mysticality
Outfit saved
It re-maximizes and re-saves the outfit.

Putting on outfit: Muscle
Equipment changed.
Retrieving equipment...

Hat: plexiglass pith helmet
Off-hand: lawn dart
Shirt: astral shirt
Pants: sugar shorts
Container: sea mantle

Acc. 1: Novelty Belt Buckle of Violence
Acc. 2: depleted Grimacite weightlifting belt
Acc. 3: Hodgman's bow tie

Pet: Adorable Space Buddy (45 lbs)
Item: cute bow from beyond the stars

Sticker 1: scratch 'n' sniff wrestler sticker (20)
Sticker 2: scratch 'n' sniff wrestler sticker (20)
Sticker 3: scratch 'n' sniff wrestler sticker (20)
Maximizing...
67661 combinations checked, best score 2,166.00
Holding scratch 'n' sniff sword…
That's not an item, or it's not something you own.
Is that so? Well, I guess I'm done basement diving at level 2. :(

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Off-hand: lawn dart

Maximizing...
67661 combinations checked, best score 2,166.00
Holding scratch 'n' sniff sword…
"Holding" means that it wanted to put the sticker sword in the off-hand slot - but it was already in the weapon slot.
Looking at autoBasement, you do a "cli_execute" on the various things that the maximize() function returns, so, apparently, the maximizer wanted to do that change.
How curious. I'm unable to reproduce that behavior in the maximizer, at the moment. I will continue poking.

Winterbay

The caching is unfortunately at the moment only on a per execution basis (and only if all stats are above 200), if you rerun it the script will re-cache since you could've bought something between executions.

Merneith

The script should not try to buy things more expensive than your autoBuyPriceLimit. Could you double check that value?

Sorry - I don't know where to find that value. The script doesn't ask me for anything except number of turns before it commences. Now that I think about it, you'll have to remind me where to find my outfit lists, too, please.

Winterbay

Sorry - I don't know where to find that value. The script doesn't ask me for anything except number of turns before it commences. Now that I think about it, you'll have to remind me where to find my outfit lists, too, please.

To get that value type "get autoBuyPriceLimit" in the cli. And you can find your custom outfit management in the relay browser under your current equipment in your inventory.

neminem

The caching is unfortunately at the moment only on a per execution basis (and only if all stats are above 200), if you rerun it the script will re-cache since you could've bought something between executions.
Yeah... I went to run this script for the first time in a rather long time, noticed that, and was sort of annoyed at it as well. There should probably be an option to turn this off completely and just equip the outfits if they already exist, trusting the user to add to them (or delete them, if they want the script to recreate them). I don't frequently buy new items, and when I do, I'm generally perfectly capable of adding them to the appropriate outfits myself. This would certainly save a lot of time.

The bigger issue that I came here to mention, though, is: there doesn't seem to be any way for it to not want to still use phials as the first course of action against elemental resistance tests, even though they're now ~100k instead of basically free? I'm only on basement level 367, a Hot & Spooky Elemental Resistance Test. I could trivially survive it with my resistance outfit and some cheap muscle-buffing potions, but no, I apparently have the choice between crafting a phial, or being "unable to pass elemental test".

jbouzanquet

I'm seeing it fail sometimes, but not all the time. Not sure around the same basement level, it's only stopped at 3 of the elemental tests along the way. By manually passing those it keeps going. It could help if you add some cheap potions to your mood, making it more likely to pass without any more than your outfit.

sporkboy

Is that so? Well, I guess I'm done basement diving at level 2. :(

Yeah, I'm having the same issue.

The maximize window says it's trying Mysticality, -familiar.

The first three items it finds are:

keep hat: sponge helmet
keep weapon: scratch 'n' sniff sword
remove & equip off-hand scratch 'n' sniff sword (+189)

So that's weird.

Also, when I select the remove & equip line, and hit "exec selected", I get the "That's not an item, or it's not something you own" message, just like I get from autobasement.

Running mafia r13494

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Ditto

Mysticality, -familiar

<html><font color=gray>keep hat: longhaired hippy wig</font></html>
<html><font color=gray>keep weapon: scratch 'n' sniff sword</font></html>
remove & equip off-hand scratch 'n' sniff sword (+180)
<html><font color=gray>keep back: Misty Robe</font></html>
<html><font color=gray>keep shirt: letterman's jacket</font></html>
<html><font color=gray>keep pants: sugar shorts</font></html>
<html><font color=gray>keep acc1: stainless steel scarf</font></html>
<html><font color=gray>keep acc2: Order of the Silver Wossname</font></html>
<html><font color=gray>keep acc3: gearbox necklace</font></html>

Maximizing...
253 combinations checked, best score 3,507.00
Holding scratch 'n' sniff sword...
That's not an item, or it's not something you own.

All the above was done in the maximizer, manually so it is probably not an autoBasement thing.

Failure occurred when starting from a Birthday Suit as well as from equipped outfit.

Also unequipped familiar and that did not make a difference.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yes, it is clearly a maximizer issue. It should never try to put a sticker weapon in both main hand and offhand since it is impossible for you to ever have more than one of such.

I tried to reproduce it a few days ago and was unable to do so.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Yes, it is clearly a maximizer issue. It should never try to put a sticker weapon in both main hand and offhand since it is impossible for you to ever have more than one of such.

I tried to reproduce it a few days ago and was unable to do so.

What are you saying is impossible? KoLmafia says the character has three scratch and sniff swords. I'll check what vanilla KoL says, momentarily.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
OK. Plain vanilla says I have one. Logging back in shows one. Maximizer does not fail. Hypothesis - something in equipping sword or stickers causes KoL's inventory to get off.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Now THAT is a bug that we should be able to reproduce and fix, eh?
Hop to it - the reproducing part, at least. :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Now THAT is a bug that we should be able to reproduce and fix, eh?
Hop to it - the reproducing part, at least. :)

*snicker* KoL thought I had one. Ran autoBasement for about 25 turns if my arithmetic is correct. It stopped with the error. Mafia thinks I have two swords. Unequipped and refreshed. Fails. What does the number in parens by the stickers mean? Does (-11) by all three wrestler stickers suggest anything?

Logged out and back in. paren number is 0. Failing. Maybe I stop posting and throw a debugger at this. I wonder about bedazzle?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The number in parentheses is the number of turns remaining before the sticker will fall off. Obviously, it should never be negative. On the other hand, we don't track the sticker counts across sessions, since KoL gives us no indication of how worn the stickers are and we don't know what you might have done out of the watchful eye of KoLmafia. I have a little note to myself in my private list of "interesting" issues:

When I log out and log in, it seems to lose track of the sticker counters.
I just noted it but did not investigate, since I can't remember ever using a sticker weapon - except when autoBasement insists on using one.

How many of those basement levels did it actually adventure in while wearing the sticker sword?

My guess: we decrement the sticker counts when you enter basement.php - which is not an "adventure", per se, since it just lets you look at what is on a level. We then decrement the counts again when you actually spend a turn doing the level while the sticker weapon is equipped.

We should look at when we decrement the sticker counts. I suspect we should show a little more discrimination - and it would be nice to figure out just how we end up deciding that we actually have TWO sticker weapons.

johnnyponny

The scripts only outputs my MP regen settings for me and doesn't run.
Code:
mpAutoRecovery => -0.05
mpAutoRecoveryTarget => -0.05
mpAutoRecovery => 0.0
mpAutoRecoveryTarget => 0.05

xKiv

OK. Plain vanilla says I have one. Logging back in shows one. Maximizer does not fail. Hypothesis - something in equipping sword or stickers causes KoL's inventory to get off.

Is the s'n's sword in an outfit? Does the outfit equip properly or just partially?