autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

taltamir

Variables for combat
  • autoBasement_combat_equipment: A comma-delimited list of items to equip when fighting, default is "navel ring of navel gazing". If you want to use more than one of an item list it twice, but make sure that you have the stated amount because the script will most likely fail otherwise. Items not in your possession will be ignored.
  • autoBasement_combat_stat: The stat to maximize when entering combat, default is Muscle
  • autoBasement_combat_maximizer_string: Additional string to maximize for when buliding the combat outfit. Useful if you want to add spell damage or similar, default is nothing
I am not sure why, but I can't get autoBasement_combat_maximizer_string and autoBasement_combat_equipment to work.
It maximizes the combat stat fine, but it ignores the other two options. My settings are:
Code:
zlib autoBasement_combat_equipment = mafia thumb ring, Garland of Greatness
autoBasement_combat_stat = Mysticality
autoBasement_combat_maximizer_string = spell dmg
It just maximizes mysticality and ignores spell dmg and the 2 specified items.
what am I doing wrong here? Actually would be great if it instead of all those 3 I could just write a fully custom maximizer string.
such as:
Code:
spell dmg, 0.4 mys, 0.2 mox, equip mafia thumb ring, equip Garland of Greatness
I might end up changing the script to let one do so later. Although that might be complicated by the potion buffing needed...

====
Also, sharing my CCS which I use for this script. (since it does not come with its own).
I used it as pastamancer and sauceror to reach depth 500.
Code:
[ bottles of beer on a golem ]
skill curse of weaksauce
skill micrometeorite
while !pastround 13
    item New Age hurting crystal,New Age hurting crystal
endwhile

[ default ]
skill curse of weaksauce
skill micrometeorite
while sealclubber && !pastround 10
    skill lunging thrust-smack
endwhile
while pastamancer && !pastround 10
    skill weapon of the pastalord
endwhile
while !pastround 10
    skill saucegeyser
endwhile

[ dimensional horror ]
skill curse of weaksauce
skill micrometeorite
while !pastround 10
    skill saucegeyser
endwhile

[ ghost of fernswarthy ]
skill curse of weaksauce
skill micrometeorite
while !pastround 10
    skill saucegeyser
endwhile

Last edited:

philmasterplus

This script has been incredibly helpful.

One issue: It doesn't seem to know about the form changes of unwrapped knock-off retro superhero cape. Around basement level > 400, it kept aborting because it couldn't reach the necessary HP/resistances. Manually changing the cape with retrocape vampire hold, then re-running autoBasement worked.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
This script has been incredibly helpful.

One issue: It doesn't seem to know about the form changes of unwrapped knock-off retro superhero cape. Around basement level > 400, it kept aborting because it couldn't reach the necessary HP/resistances. Manually changing the cape with retrocape vampire hold, then re-running autoBasement worked.

This may be another candidate for community support of abandoned scripts. It may also be a Bug Report/Feature Request about support for the cape because the Maximizer doesn't know about the form.

philmasterplus

This may be another candidate for community support of abandoned scripts. It may also be a Bug Report/Feature Request about support for the cape because the Maximizer doesn't know about the form.

I believe the maximizer knows about configuring the retrocape since r20555. From my experience, autoBasement appears to configure the cape properly for stat tests, e.g. Mysticality.

autoBasement fails only when attempting to pass an elemental damage test. It seems to calculate "do-I-have-enough-HP-and-resists" by equipping a generic "Elemental Resistance" outfit. Since changing outfits doesn't configure the cape, it thinks I cannot pass the test.

King Dave

I'm having a strange issue with this script where it attempts to use physical attacks against the x-dimensional horrors, causing the combat to be aborted as it doesn't take physical damage. Has anyone else had this issue?